You have been kicked from the server. Malformed packet detected. Type 21.

VRAISSS

Every time i am driving my car at a fast pace, i see the edge of the map is black or has some road blocks on it, then i just get kicked from the server because of this error.

it only happens when i am searching crowded areas or i am traversing the map fast enough (around 50mph).

it's always either malformed packet type 21 or 22. and it doesn't happen when i am at my base doing stuff.

the server i play on has no mods installed so it's not because of some mods causing this issue.

7 hours ago, Beard said:

Is this a public server that you are on or is this your own server? Could you perhaps share the server settings file if possible? Mainly looking for the "Lua Checksum" setting.

Hello, 

I am one of the staff from the server he is mentioning.

We have DoLuaChecksum=true , if that's the Lua Cheksum setting you were wondering about.

If you would need any other settings, I'll try and get back to you with them as soon as I can.

I would like to add, that the "UI_Policy_Kick, Type21" and "..., Type 22" have been very overzealous, recently.

We aren't exactly fond of the idea of just disabling these anti-cheat features, however. Since even with them on there are occasional cheaters, some malicious, some not.

1 hour ago, Beard said:

Generally that error shows up if the files / recipes do not match with the server, this can usually happen if the server uses specific mods

Can you share the whole settings file here in that case?

The server is completely vanilla.

I will attach the settings file that has the LuaChecksum=, and other AntiCheatProtectionType... options, I believe this is the file you were referring to?

mjota.net (C).ini

Edited by Aquad
Wrong file

Just to be clear: Steam's verify function will miss things (small changes to files, filename capitalization, deleted files .etc). Same with Steam's uninstall/install functions.

Best practice is to delete the install directory yourself and then reverify the game to download a completely new copy. 

This can apply to the server as well. 

well i just uninstalled the game and manually deleted it's directory and reinstalled it but nothing changed.

i must add that this error happens when my ping ramps up due to traveling fast. my internet connection speed is 1MBytes/s and i have no problem playing other games, but somehow the anticheat fails to work when i have to download data from other parts of the map (or probably upload data to the server). i have tested it with a better connection and this error happens less often with a better connection.

Edited by VRAISSS

• 3 months later...

Trying to understand why the response a lot of people have to "What is this error of Checksum packet malformed" etc etc is always "It's an anticheat measure that checks for cheating and is related to Checksum..."

lol yes I know. That's like saying, what is this watermelon fruit? Oh it's a fruit, and it's watery and looks like a melon. Instead of describing it in ways that it's title don't already mention.

The main question here being - do I actually need the AntiCheat 21 active on the server I'm running? is the risk great enough to be dealing with users getting these errors for seemingly simple things like moving things from one container to another? 

Any help is appreciated! Just trying to learn what these terms mean to better inform my settings decisions.

2 hours ago, NickKnackKnock said:

Trying to understand why the response a lot of people have to "What is this error of Checksum packet malformed" etc etc is always "It's an anticheat measure that checks for cheating and is related to Checksum..."

lol yes I know. That's like saying, what is this watermelon fruit? Oh it's a fruit, and it's watery and looks like a melon. Instead of describing it in ways that it's title don't already mention.

The main question here being - do I actually need the AntiCheat 21 active on the server I'm running? is the risk great enough to be dealing with users getting these errors for seemingly simple things like moving things from one container to another? 

Any help is appreciated! Just trying to learn what these terms mean to better inform my settings decisions.

I mean, it's not there just to look pretty or bother you. It means that the recipes and other Lua files on the client don't match up with what's on the server. This could be because instead of using the scripts, a mod rolls its recipes at runtime, but we can't really know what's going on beyond that.

If you're choosing between mods that trigger it and the security of your server that's a judgement you'll have to make.