Rosewood FD Garage Roof

knightshousegames

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has discovered this, but I tried demolishing the wall in the hallway on the second floor with a sledgehammer to setup some water barrels on the roof, but clipped through the shingles and fell into the garage and got severely injured for my troubles.

Is there a reason theres no floor tiles there? It makes a lot of sense to want to put stuff up there, least of which water barrels for the sinks in the garage. Is there some technical limitation or is this just an oversight?

Slanted roof tiles at the moment don't have any "geometry", and as a result, you'll always fall through them. Other roof tiles may have the same effect, as well. I think I read one thursdoid a while back that they aim to do something about. Next build maybe? Can't rightly recall. Floor pieces are only one plank and one nail a piece, I believe, so it's a relatively cheap fix in the meantime, but I think you'll have to demo the roof pieces first.

A little unintuitive at the moment, and a good way to break a leg for anyone new to the concept. 

As a matter of fact, I'm sure most players figured this out the hard way.

Some roofs do have a layer of added "floor tiles" to simulate ability to walk on roof. Best I can recommend is to try and spot any floor tiles before stepping onto the roof or even build x1 such tile to be on the safe side (you should be able to see other available floor tiles after that)

Archived