Zombies shove and trample each other.

Zombiologist

I never took zombies as the polite considerate type, yet they are very patient with other zombies getting in their way and stepping carefully over their fallen comrades. I think their behavior would be more realistic if they were to jostle each other, perhaps simply slamming bodies together like they do with barriers in their path sending the other zombie stumbling away or even falling over sometimes. Additionally when zombies trip they should be stepped on by zombies walking over them, maybe even tripped over by said zombies. If enough zombies trample a fallen zombie it could start damaging them even, and perhaps the damage from sprinting zombies should be greater than that of shamblers.

22 hours ago, Nowthere27 said:

Sounds like it'd be the case plus making the zombies easier kill is always a plus.

It could make it harder in some ways, such as a zombie getting shoved into you.

22 hours ago, Papa Juliet Whiskey said:

Players should also be susceptible to tripping over corpses, I think. At least while back pedalling. More corpses in the square equals a higher trip chance, possibly somewhat negated by a high nimble skill.

I assumed this was already they case. It makes sense. Blood also makes a good lubricant so maybe bloody shoes from stomping out brains could increase tripping hazard too.