A rework to depression and anxiety

doshskia

as it is i think that the current depression system is rather unhuman like as its a one type for all where as depression affects different people differently.

adding different characteristics to the player character would havefer a more enhanced game experience by adding demeanor this are just a overlay to help people understand what im going for,
hardworker - building, dismantling, fixing, or doing increases happiness but things like books and magazines aswell as other current have no effect
ADHD - less effected by stress and depression overall but increased stress and depression when leveling new skills, being in areas that are unmarked on the map and car alarms/house alarms = insta stress
lazy - depression increases the more you do
alcoholic - alcohol greatly decreases stress and depression

the main idea of this is to help add economy into the game by adding greater need and less need for some items for some players

just wanting to share an idea, i could come up with more but it depends on if this suggestion is well received 

Edited by doshskia
just wanted to flush it out alil more

I'd love to see the depression system get some attention. Right now unless I eat bad food or sit around all day in game, my character doesn't get unhappy. There's no need for anti-depressants. 

It would make sense that doing tasks your character enjoys would be a comfort to them. Doing tasks they don't like would weigh on their mood. 

My hope is that when NPCs are added that this system will be overhauled. The interactions between fellow survivors seem like great opportunites to expand this. 

In MP if a player is injured, infected, sick, or killed around them it could have a negative effect on our moods. That seems like an easy addition. Did you see or hear a player character get killed? If yes, then did you kill them? If no, then player gets a negative mood adjustment. That guy you just spent weeks/months surviving with was killed when he was looting a car because you asked him to check it for smokes. That'd probably be a downer.