Questions, questions, questions!

rockbalboa

First of all, I have been playing the game for a while, prior to steam (it was the first PC game I actually paid for after jumping off console).   However, I quit playing due to different errors I was having (no farming, inventory messing up, etc).  

I am back.  Not only am I back, I bought the game for my wife as well (steam).  

The multiplayer was the reason.  I run it on a local server (awesome that it is so damn easy to just click and get your IP) so it will be me and her versus the elements (not other players).  I logged in both accounts, and the game now seems very dark.  I understand that its night time, but is there a way to fix this in the settings?  I would like to record and it just is too dark.  I am unsure if that is how it was before, but I do remember being able to change the lighting, how far the light shows, etc.  Also, the lighting looks blue rather than white, and it is extremely hard to see (I couldn't even hit light switches).  Any tips would be appreciated.  If this is how it's always been, I apologize.  We're having trouble seeing.

Another question is, do I have to download the non MP version from steam and just go back and forth downloading to play both?  I can't seem to get my controller to work on MP.  Any advice on how to get a controller to work?   It seems it does (although I loaded in and I seemed to be on a totally different character the last time), but confirmation that the local server saves data?  

Also, I am curious if the forums were reset or everyone had to create a new account?  This name, rockbalboa was on the old forums.  It doesn't seem to exist, in fact, it let me create a new name exactly the same.  Were members wiped?  The forums do look different so I am just curious.

1. You can change graphics settings and it controls how "fancy" the lighting is... Not sure if it would improve it though. The good news is that in Online MP it is now beneficial to carry a flashlight as it casts a nice cone of light. The light isn't synchronized yet though so unfortunately you'll both need one.

2. Yup! But only for now, this is just an online test so it hasn't been added to the main game. Your saves will be safe though, changing versions doesn't wipe your old characters.

3. Not sure about controllers but I heard that they're completely messed for Build 23. Totally clueless as to the MP test version.

4. Yup! One of the best things you can do so that nobody steals your stuff is to log out carrying everything that's important, or to stash everything underneath/behind a tree somewhere and pray to the Zombie Gods that nobody else finds them.

5. Yeah apparently they upgraded to this new forum and everyone had to transfer over and make new accounts.

6. Happy zombie bashing ^_^

Archived