project zomboid No menu on startup of game (STEAM)

StationRadio

Question

one of my freinds bought me Project zomboid so we could play co op with each other and other servers Now

when i launch it it just haves the menu of the dad zombie eating his daughter but theres no buttons like

Last stand Challanges etc etc I have re installed it like 20 times now so i need some help from you People on the Forum

14 answers to this question

Delete %username%\zomboid (C:\users\EG\zomboid where EG is your username).

what what what! that is the one thing I didnt do. now it works. I am happy now. it is time to rejoice.

Has nothing to do with Steam being able to find the exe to run the game, but alright. =D I'll take what I can get.

Can you snap shot a photo of where im gonna find this?

Go to Local Disk (C:)

Go to the Users folder.

Find your username (the name that you logon with, or the name whoever set up your computer gave you).

Go to the zomboid folder.

Delete everything in it.

Sure you're in the same name that you play ProjectZomboid from? If you literally type %username% into the address bar of a folder, it should take you to your current account.

It sort of has to be there. =D

And images have to be put up onto a site like imgur.com then linked for them to work on the web.

This seems to be caused by running the Last Stand mode (replicated it a few times on my windows machine).

Also deleting the 'lua' folder (inside the 'zomboid' folder) was enough to fix it... no need to delete the entire 'zomboid' folder..

Not sure if anyone else has found an alternate cause or fix.