Raccoon City - Hopefully the final attempt

TheMitu97

Hello there,

First of all i'd like to thank you for your time and hardwork you put on these amazing map!

If only i have a proper system i would also like to help on this project.

So i have few questions if i may?

Is Spencer mansion close or a bit far from the city? If its a bit far like in the outskirt then that would be cool..

And are you also going to do the mansion map in the future after the city is done?

There are plenty cities area too from RE outbreak 1-2, are these area included? Like J's bar and all?

And lastly, i heard the next update the engine allowed the map to have many floors even basement, what are thought about these for your project? because in RE theres a lot of basement and sewer area..

On 9/12/2023 at 4:00 PM, Runhild said:

Hello there,

First of all i'd like to thank you for your time and hardwork you put on these amazing map!

If only i have a proper system i would also like to help on this project.

So i have few questions if i may?

Is Spencer mansion close or a bit far from the city? If its a bit far like in the outskirt then that would be cool..

And are you also going to do the mansion map in the future after the city is done?

There are plenty cities area too from RE outbreak 1-2, are these area included? Like J's bar and all?

And lastly, i heard the next update the engine allowed the map to have many floors even basement, what are thought about these for your project? because in RE theres a lot of basement and sewer area..

Spencer Mansion will eventually be included after I'm done with the city and will be bit further from the city. My goal might be a bit ambitious, but I would like to not stop on Raccoon City alone and also make smaller towns around it, like Stone Ville. There is someone who already made mansion for PZ, could potentially ask them if I can include it in my map.

Outbreak locations will definitely be included, I already made some areas like J's bar, Apple Inn and huge chunk of Raccoon Zoo. 

When basements will finally be introduced to the game and proper tools are released to make it happen, I will definitely add underground areas, like sewers and laboratories.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh thank god thought this might've been dead, good to see your still working on it. I've got a lot of nostalgia for Raccoon city from watching my dad play RE3 back in the day.

One question tho, will it be connected to the default map kinda like Raven Creek is or just a standalone map?

On 10/10/2023 at 1:06 AM, RustyGryphon said:

Oh thank god thought this might've been dead, good to see your still working on it. I've got a lot of nostalgia for Raccoon city from watching my dad play RE3 back in the day.

One question tho, will it be connected to the default map kinda like Raven Creek is or just a standalone map?

My original idea was to make it connected to default map, although it might prove to be difficult without conflicting with other map mods already on the workshop. If I end up making whole Arklay County map, it might become a standalone, but for now I'm stuck making Raccoon City. I will probably release it first with limited or without any surrounding areas somewhere on vanilla map. I'm predicting Build 42 might release before I'm done, so I'll decide where to put it in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting, I was just about to start doing research on how the map was officially created to replicate the city in the editor for zomboid when I fell over this.
Which area of the game map are you planning on placing this in?

Keep up the good work.
Kind Regards
- Revixy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Iryse said:

Any updates? It has been a while, and I'm really excited for the results. I truly hope everything is going well. :)

A project like this is a massive undertaking, especially alone, and especially when IRL stuff comes up (like the creator had mentioned). While this is a sick concept everyone is for sure excited for, I would speculate that this will likely take another year to complete, at least. But I'm sure the creator TheMitu97 will chime in with updates as it progresses.