cooking smells

darthdraken

I was cycling home from work today and could smell pee soup coming from one of the houses i was passing.

I could not id the exact house but knew it came from one of a cluster.

Would it be possible if zombies got the smell and became curious?

I hope you meant pea soup and not pee soup.

My interpretation of zombies is that the aroma of cooking food would not draw them. They want to eat your flesh. I could see them being attracted by sound and sight and maybe to a limited degree smell if the aroma was human blood. That is my 2c. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on how a zombie should behave and respond to various stimuli.

I think is comes down to if they can equate stimuli to hunting response for "food", on whatever level they process.  Right now if they see people (or maybe just movement in a house) it kicks in the hunter trigger.  Same thing for noises and the smell of blood (ie the Bloodhound smell option for Sandbox).

We really don't know what else triggers them beyond that.

If zombies were ever attracted to odd smells, it'd be from curiosity, not knowing strange smell = human = food.

That said, Zeds aren't known for there curiosity, so I can't see them being attracted directly by the smell of cooking food. Pulling feral animals and vermin? Sure. Them moving towards the cooking area would make noise/movement that would/could trigger a zombie to follow along until it forgets to do so.

Indirectly attracting zombies, in otherwords. On a completely unrelated note, being able to cook pea and ham soup (bacon, bacon bones, lentils) in game would be a nice little feature. One of my favourite foods too :P