Opened canned food disappears

StarTank24

Whenever I open canned food in my inventory or duffel bag, the opened tin disappears so I cannot eat!

I have never installed mods and it does not drop on the floor/in nearby containers. I am not overweight and my character does not eat them and then discard them.

The game is unplayable in this state as I cannot survive without eating

Is this a SP or MP issue? Does this happen with any other food (can you RMC a can of soup > Make bowl of soup, for example)? Did your game crash at all? And how old is the save?

Could you delete "mods" folder in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and then verify your game files In Steam Library RMC Project Zomboid > Select "Properties" > "Local files" > "Verify integrity of game files".

• 11 months later...

I'm currently having this bug myself, happening in both SP and MP. canned food disappears entirely when opened. cooking anything via the craft menu also disappears. or when RMC to make a bowl of soup or add an ingredient. game never crashed or gave any sort of error for the disappearance. bug is across all saves but the one i noticed it on is about ~3 days old and 21 days ingame. it randomly started working as i was removing mods to figure out what the problem was but stopped working again even with no mods at all. i did what you told startank24 to do and it was missing 25 files and downloaded them again but it didnt seem to make any difference. 

edit: i can make stews and soups with the cooking pot and pastas with the saucepan as long as i dont have to open any canned food for it, i can cut meats and slice things no problem but adding ingredients to the roasting pan, frying pan, and griddle, results in the food and the pan disappearing. the actual cooking (heating of the food) is unaffected. its just something with processing the food in certain cookware or opening cans.

Edited by sundae
To clarify what is breaking

• 6 months later...

I also have this bug with canned food and berries while foraging. They just disappear. I'm getting canned food. Any: dog food, sardines, anything else. There is an opening process and that's it. Nothing appears anywhere in the inventory. Not in the main inventory, not in the hands, not in the backpack, not on the floor, not anywhere else. Hunger does not subside.

Similarly with berries and mushrooms while foraging. I find a mushroom or a bush, press "collect", the character comes up, the collection animation and nothing is added anywhere.

Yesterday I tested it on a fishing. Same problem. I go to the lake, fishing with a spear, the fishing menu shows that I caught a fish, but it is nowhere in my inventory (not a container on my back, not in the main inventory, not on the ground nearby)

No mods, Singleplayer (I remember the same bug happened a year ago in multiplayer when I hosted a server and played with my friend, but I don't have exact confirmation of when it was), new save, standard version in steam (41.78.16), only Russian localization. On version legacy41_77, this bug disappears.

I have a video. link (youtube)

Edited by Kuraĝa
adding information