came crashes, nothing respawns from load

darthdraken

Question

After 20 more hours of play i have had 8 crashes....

After loading your last save after a crash, all the items collected after the save before the crash do not respawn to be collected again. They just disappear from the game as if someone else looted them.

After reloading from the save i head back to the place i looted and its alllll gone.

6 answers to this question

This happens because of how the game saves. If you have slept (before the crash) it will load you back to the time when you last slept; however, the world saves more frequently, so any items you looted after you slept will be gone from the world but not in your inventory.

As far as the crashes go, we could use some console output and more details if you'd like us to try and fix it.

Yop !

I encounter this bug too, but I spawn in my house (I think in the last place were I sleep) with no item looted.

Once I perpare a cup of tea I taook it for travel, I go I do stuff but I don't drink the drink, game freeze, I load the save I spawn in my house, no cup of tea on me but ! I found it in the cupboard where I take the necessary...

the game freeze an other time but this time no cup of tea in cup board ;(

I jsut read about the last sleeping point sorry.

if I encounter this bug another time how I will take the console infos ;)

If you're really worried about saving a game after something important, you can exit and restart. That forces a save.

Why are you falling off of things that frequently?

The console should launch when you launch PZ; if not, you can go into the game files and launch the game by double clicking on one of the .bat files instead of by clicking play in Steam- that will force the console to come up.

Archived