Some balancing issues

jimmy5322hk

I have put 40+ hours in PZ so I guess I can suggest something about the balancing issues of the game. I really want this great game to be greater if it can be more balanced.

1. Players never (or very very seldom) get a cold from rain. I used to have a player who has the trait of "prone to illness" and I always forced him to stay in the rain but he never got a cold.

2. Bandage should weight something.

3. Axe, saw, hammer, trowels and other tools should reduce durability when being used. Not only to make it more realistic, but to keep on the tense because the players always need to look for supplies.

4. Exertion should have wider degree or different levels just to stimulate real life.

5. Inventory system should be entirely re-made. Stuffing15 cooking bots into a dufflebag? No way. Just do it like the Neo-scavenger way.

6. Rain is too often which makes controlling the water amount of certain crops almost impossible. I suggest less rain or enable indoor farming like greenhouse of some sort.

7. The small rain barrel still carry a shit load of water. So the game is still kind of "you build a rain barrel, you win the game".

8. More moving or migration of the zombies will be better. I found that it is not as interesting to live in a safehouse without a single zombies in a mile. It just made no point for me to build a wall to defend it at all. (So I welcome more meta-events as the recent Mondoid suggested.) I also suggest adding a feature that the zombies are attracted to windows and doors or food containers. I would be thrilled if a zombie come knocking my bedroom window while I am sleeping (which have never happened before) or coming to rob my kitchen just for my fresh piece of steak.

9. As people have suggested before, the character should be less panic after killing 100 zombies or so. It made the game more realistic and; make the game harder because player can be ambushed and killed by a slow zombie just because he relies on the panic sound too much.

10. Sprinters in a normal (not sandbox) game are too few. Players can out-run (or even out-walk) any zombies without any difficulties. If the players can trip over while running because of the panic (Neo-scavenger!) it would be great.

11. Both pistol and shotgun is a one-shot-one-kill most of the time given the distance is close enough. I suggest to have a higher percentage of missing or non-kill shots for lower aiming level.

12. Skills books offer too many experience points. My ex-survivors carried like 15 unspent skills points when he died.

13. (Newly added)Crawlers pose much more threat than normal zombies because they can't be knocked down(i know it's silly to say so) and they keep biting no matter how hard the player it's bashing them. So if the player can't kill it in the first hit he is probably a goner.

14. (Please comment so I can add here)

I don't have an idea how hard it is to actualize them but I really hope these can be added to the "upcoming feature list". I love the game or I won't spend any time typing these :cry:

(I apologize for my English if you can't understand :cry: )

2 it does

4 it is actually bugged you can actually see the broken code it only allows the third lvl

5 they said the inventory system will be changed (idk about it being like neo scavenger)

6 you can change it if you play sandbox..

7 do you see the size of the small rain barrel is still big

10 if your dead and decomposing with maybe a few torn muscles and broken bones do you think you coud still run even if you dont feel pain?

11 guns arnt that hard to aim if they are close enough you really shouldnt miss even if you arnt skilled in using a gun (i know it is because i shot a gun when i was 14 at about 10-7 seven feet i hit the target (a watermelon) on almost every shot((the water melon was tasty

12 if you read a book telling you how to cook something you will be able to learn how to do it much faster then trying without the tutorial

150 hour + here.

1.Not implented yet as far as i know.

2.they doe

3.aggree

4.can you elaborate?

5.i dont know neo-scavenger , but i aggree once again.

6. true

7.meh, i kinda feel like we are supposed to die from zombie anyway not tirsth.

8.i LOVE you and ur reading my mind.

9. i doubt id ever really feel safe around zombie. maybe  it could have to do with how close zombie are?

10.Will you marry me plz?

11.how many children you want?

12.it does need balancing.

13. attack them from the feet

i love your post, your reading my mind as far as zombie balancing and difficulty goes.

Archived