Cannot start game (steam and .exe)

monskey

Question

I have tried launching my game both through Steam, as well as from the directory and trying both executables (32bit and 64bit). I noticed that when I try to run the .exe's or through Steam, a command prompt pops up, but it disappears quicker than I can read it. When I run the batch files, each say the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>".\jre\bin\java.exe" -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;DJNativeSwing.jar;DJNativeSwing-AWT.jar;./ zombie.ZomboidLauncher -safemodePicked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx512MError occurred during initialization of VMIncompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specifiedC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid>PAUSEPress any key to continue . . .

I have already uninstalled both javas (32 and 64) and reinstalled them to no avail. Please let me know if there is a fix. I didn't provide computer specs, as I know that it's an issue with java (I have an Alienware x51, so that shouldn't be the problem)

2 answers to this question

Archived