Room bounds edit tool

Gavstrav

A debug tool to edit the bounds of a room, much like the creative mode tool announced 6 years or so back, but just for editing/adding/removing room bounds.

At the moment there is no way to fix issues arising from demolishing walls between rooms, for instance, the claustrophobic trait still treats the demolished area as its own room, causing panic when the player is standing in a large room. 

See the vid below for clarification on problem and the gif below for where I took inspiration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EhAwjexVXQ):

Edited by Gavstrav

The player can select room bounds, edit, add and remove the invisible bounds used to determine interiors.
I would reiterate, it is not the creative mode features I am asking for, just the ability to edit baked room bounds dynamically.

RoomBoundsTool.gif.5e9b0d8964d17ae86764f662b2ec17ce.gif

Edited by Gavstrav

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, ZombieHunter said:

Are you suggesting this because of the lighting bug?

Because the lighting bug is getting fixed in next major update

It's not just the lighting, it's the rooms sizes not being updated, like Gavstrav said even if you destroy all the walls of a house the rooms limits will still exist, therefore if you go in an ex-small room your claustrophobic character will panic.

7 hours ago, Axezombie said:

It's not just the lighting, it's the rooms sizes not being updated, like Gavstrav said even if you destroy all the walls of a house the rooms limits will still exist, therefore if you go in an ex-small room your claustrophobic character will panic.

Ah - no idea.

About that - I don't think I read about anything about rooms being updated