Need help with planks covering every water spot in the map + weird textures (SOLVED)

juan_canciani

Hello guys, I seem to have a bit of a problem with water sources on the map mod im making. I have tried to search if someone else had my problems but i couldnt find anything like it ...

So the thing is: I am doing something wrong with water (i think). I will leave the BMP image of my map but as far as i know, world ed had no problem with it. I will also leave some more pictures to show the "bug" i introduced and to maybe help with pointing me in the right direction. Im also making a few custom tiles but none of them are water, i can post the images of them here if needed too. Also i dont know if this is relevant but with the new sound system i always hear my character walking in wooden planks ... even in roads!

Thank you so much for your time reading this and i would realy appreciate any help i can get! 

https://imgur.com/a/6Sklczk

edit: i forgot to mention that the planks are breaking the fishing mechanic. You can select the option to fish but there is always 0%.

edit2: there was another user that had the weird textures and he suggested "If you have similar problems with a grid between your own created tiles, give attetion to the transparent pixel around the tile in the 128x256 field, which needs the same RBG colors as its non-transparent tile/object." And i dont know what this 128x256 field is .... as far as i know the image i created had no transparent pixels. (this is probably not related to my issue it seems)

edit3: not sure if relevant but doing some more testing shows that alongside the planks, every garage door becomes unusable when i load my map and you can also clip through some high fences.

edit4: i´ve narrowed the whole problem down to the custom tiles im making. They are the root of all the trouble but i cant figure out why. I tested my map without the new tile definitions + texturepack and it works fine not a single problem .... i will leave a link to my custom textures files to this post since i cant upload them directly due to their size. i dont know if the problem could be that i didnt do this: "Filenames should be fully lowercase" when i was making my png files. I also dont know if the info file named "mod" we need to create has to have something else regarding floor definitions since the texture pack creates a second .pack file for floor tiles. the only lines i have for the textures are "pack=myTiles" and "tiledef=myTiles 427".

SOLUTION: I was dumb enough to leave on the tile definitions file "myTiles" a bunch of other stuff that didnt belong there. MAKE SURE you ONLY have the definitions regarding your OWN custom tiles there! If i wasnt clear enough let me know!

Edited by juan_canciani

9 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

To be clear, how does an individual cell look when you open in tilezed?

the cells look completely normal both in world ed and tile ed, its in game when i see the planks. When i open (in tile ed) the cell that has the big lake in my city, it shows that on the floor layer i have water there

picture 1.jpg

• juan_canciani changed the title to Need help with planks covering every water spot in the map + weird textures (SOLVED)