Zipcole

• Singleplayer
    • Mods - Only mods that add spawns in Louiseville
    • Reproduction steps:

1. Equip Molotov in Primary.
2. Equip Matches in Secondary
3. Hold RMB

4. Press LMB
5. "Profit" (nothing happens and you can't throw the molotov, you just do a normal push)

This is my first post in this forum so hopefully I did this right and that this info helps in any way. I have seen more people have the same issue as recent as 18 December if I remember correctly.

2 people in the steam discussions and 1 person in this forum.

I haven't tried replicating it in an unmodded game as I discovered the issue by chance in my singleplayer game, when I was trying to set myself on fire as I'm in terminal damage and about to be zombified. There is a lot of information out there, in the wiki and in different videos and articles that say that you can use both a lighter and matches to light a molotov so I think this is a recent bug. Hopefully the molotov hasn't been changed intentionally. Here is just a normal screen of my final moments not dying as I wished because I couldn't find a lighter.2065571691_Zomboidmolotov.thumb.JPG.bbf9953e8cd363e1bb95e21b74a1ee5d.JPG´

Edit: changed reproduction steps.

Edit 2: specified title.

Edited by Zipcole

• Zipcole changed the title to Molotov and matches not working bug
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont think this is a bug.

Matches would require two hands to light, one hand to hold the matches the other to hold the match to strike against the match box.

This would be hard to do whilst also holding a Molotov cocktail.

Lighters work fine as they only need one hand to get a flame.