Maps should not carry over to each multiplayer character

OxManZomboid

I would like to see some kind of setting that allows you to disable map memory over all characters on a multiplayer server.

Currently it is a little overpowered and Immersion breaking.

I have seen someone suggest a map that does not show you the entire size of Kentucky and instead it grows from your sight line. this would help with the feeling of scale (The map is massive to be fair) 

If you are playing on a dedicated server the solution is easy:

At the "Join" screen create a new "Account Username" on the right side of the screen (this is also the name that is displayed in game over your character's head). This will create a save for a new player and the map data from the previous character's map information will not be displayed.

The above will definitely work. Another approach (that I do not know will definitely work - I have not tested it) is to delete the map_visted.bin file in your character save folder. This should erase all the previous map data. C:>Users>"Username">Zomboid>Saves>Multiplayer>"Saved Character Folder Name" - Often listed as an IP address. The most current edited folder is your most recent character.

Edited by CaptKaspar