glenmack's suggestions

glenmack

The suggest-o-matic  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which suggestions do you like best?

• Burning the bodies
    • A light in the dark
    • For hands that do dishes
    • Multi-tasking
    • Crippling the competition

After playing the game for quite some time now and having read the commonly suggested/approved suggestions thread I'm going to venture some of my own ideas. Starting with the most ridiculous, and then in any old order I think of them.

Burning the bodies-

I know we're getting movable zombie corpses in future, but nowhere have I seen disposal - and unpleasant as it may be I'm sure the Redeker Plan (look it up if you don't know.) probably skimmed over this at some point, we need to get rid of the bodies, we need electricity and/or hot water. The two problems have a common solution. Yes. Zombie corpse burning generator. Far-fetched, yes but honestly, if I can get that flaky flesh to catch fire, you're damn sure I'm at least going to stand near it to keep warm.

on a side note - we are going to get corpse disposal, not just movement, right?

A light in the Dark-

Another thing I haven't seen, will we be able to leave candles in a room to light it up? Stationary torches etc.? With the best will in the world, come the zombpocalypse I want to sleep with the light on. Perhaps carpentry created wall sconces for candles?

For hands that do dishes-

I'm almost assuming this is coming but just in case, currently when food rots in a bowl, I just throw it away, but I feel like everything that rots in a dish should just become become a dirty dish, "bowl of rot" that requires water units to turn into a bowl. Maybe a squidge of that all too useless bleach if you haven't necked it all in your opening 5 minutes of play?

A plea - at least let us clean out the bowls, I hate throwing them away!

Multi-Tasking-

The very first thing I would grab in a Zombie Apocalypse is my overnight bag, but I only call it that in polite company, in reality it's my "in case sh*t hits the fan bag" It has a few non-perishables, enough to get me through at least 3 days, a squidgy toothbrush, a few teabags and packs of sugar, loose change, "toiletries" and... a pen-knife.

Getting to my point, I would highly prioritise getting my hands on a small multi-purpose tool that I can use for, cooking, some carpentry jobs... (making a drawer, sticks from planks drilling wood, etc. but not walls or tables) gutting fish (when they come along) opening locked doors with reduced noise... and all in something that fits in my pocket!

Crippling for the competition-

With NPC's getting nearer and nearer, I would (barring programing issues) love to see an addition to combat... a deliberate crippling blow, with weapons that have decent swing and range (axe, golf club, bat), this "low blow" could turn walkers into crawlers and potentially hostile NPC's into helpless crawling babies, either for interrogation or a swift final blow, if you spare them, you would either have to drag them back to base, or you could just leave them to die, shame on you.

I also envision a scenario where you create a bottleneck, with some high grass, lure some walkers in, turn them into crawlers and then invite the neighbors you've been jealous of over for... a quick nibble?

That's all I have for now, will think up a few more in the coming months I'm sure!

For hands that do dishes-

I'm almost assuming this is coming but just in case, currently when food rots in a bowl, I just throw it away, but I feel like everything that rots in a dish should just become become a dirty dish, "bowl of rot" that requires water units to turn into a bowl. Maybe a squidge of that all too useless bleach if you haven't necked it all in your opening 5 minutes of play?

A plea - at least let us clean out the bowls, I hate throwing them away!

I tried this once, and failed sadly...but I may make another try at adding the recipe for "dump bowl" as a quickie mod.

IMO it "should" be something as simply as setting a recipe that is called say "dump bowl" allows potato salad/veggie potato salad/boring salad/simple salad/tasty salad/boring bowl of soup/simple bowl/tasy bowl/ soup bowl" and returns "bowl".  Of course you could dump non-rotten food, or anything.  Maybe I want a bowl for water & don't feel like eating a boring salad... should be do-able and makes it simpler (I'd think) for setting up the recipe.

And of course a "dump pot" the same way (soup pot to "pot").

But my first try at making this didn't give me a recipe that showed up on my list when right-clicking an item; so I missed something.

I'd assume this should still be relatively simple (and I missed something trivial) but I'm not sure where I needed that one extra "thing" to make that work.

Posting your idea!

Time to post your idea, finally! (Finally? Oh come on it didn't take that long.) First, your title.

Titles should be short and they should give the basic idea of your suggestion. Three examples to show the extremes people go through with titles:

1: idea
2: Automobiles
3: Devs, add in cars now please and also buses and trains and tanks and bicycles and blimps and zeppelins and submarines and autogyros.
Please don't ever make your title just your name followed by the word suggestions (Rathlord's Suggestions!).

Should REALLY read this before posting :)

Posting your idea! Time to post your idea, finally! (Finally? Oh come on it didn't take that long.) First, your title. Titles should be short and they should give the basic idea of your suggestion. Three examples to show the extremes people go through with titles: 1: idea2: Automobiles3: Devs, add in cars now please and also buses and trains and tanks and bicycles and blimps and zeppelins and submarines and autogyros.Please don't ever make your title just your name followed by the word suggestions (Rathlord's Suggestions!).

Whoops, I was concentrating so hard on the suggestions, I missed the art of a good title, maybe I should have gone with Zombie Corpse Burning Generator, it seemed too wacky at the time...

Your first two are planned for the game. If you're interested in seeing what all is planned, there's a sticky at the written this forum. Cheers, and if I haven't said it yet, welcome to the PZ forums!

Even the zombie corpse powered generator???

I did read the two stickied threads on suggestions that have been made/are confirmed (though in my excitement I skipped the how to write the thread one, sorry) but as they are witten they are (deliberately?) quite vague, and I can't see anything about turning portable lighting into fixed lighting.

Thanks for the welcome and I will try to avoid your wrath, lord. I hate my self for punning that.

He meant the ability to burn bodies. And no, a corpse power generator is a bad idea. Bodies just don't burn. It takes more energy to get them to catch fire than they'd ever be able to produce.

Human bodies are difficult to burn. I know, I was an archaeologist and I've been in enough charnal pits. We're talking zombie corpses. Dessicated human corpses will actually burn themselves down to the bone pretty much, and with the right environment, the bone that's left can be easily smashed up by hand.

Not to mention that it would be one hell of a biohazard. 

Would like to see a Swiss army knife.

Posting your idea!

Time to post your idea, finally! (Finally? Oh come on it didn't take that long.) First, your title.

Titles should be short and they should give the basic idea of your suggestion. Three examples to show the extremes people go through with titles:

3: Devs, add in cars now please and also buses and trains and tanks and bicycles and blimps and zeppelins and submarines and autogyros.
Please don't ever make your title just your name followed by the word suggestions (Rathlord's Suggestions!).

OI! Thats my job!  :P

Human bodies are difficult to burn. I know, I was an archaeologist and I've been in enough charnal pits. We're talking zombie corpses. Dessicated human corpses will actually burn themselves down to the bone pretty much, and with the right environment, the bone that's left can be easily smashed up by hand.

I think that the specifics of burning zombie corpses for energy is an unnecessary detail that also touches on the zombie lore issue, like Fj said.... "Not to mention that it would be one hell of a biohazard(see below)

Although, that said, I'm all thumbs up for boiler's to produce heat & run generators.... Just wood & coal, no corpses :) 

Not to mention that it would be one hell of a biohazard. 

Would like to see a Swiss army knife.

Posting your idea!

OI! Thats my job!  :P

YOU HAVE A JOB! :huh:

:P

Seriously though, I usually just contribute via testing & projects, probably wouldn't have said anything if I didn't see the title in the recent posts :)