the game does not open in steam

Netuo

Same issue, also tried to start the game with different versions and can only start build 40 (no beta) and lower versions through steam.
Reinstalled and checked integrity multiple times, on different versions, without luck.
Only managed to start the game by running the ProjectZomboid64.bat found in the game files.

14 minutes ago, 13fabio57 said:

Same issue, also tried to start the game with different versions and can only start build 40 (no beta) and lower versions through steam.
Reinstalled and checked integrity multiple times, on different versions, without luck.
Only managed to start the game by running the ProjectZomboid64.bat found in the game files.

The link I sent explains your issue.

31 minutes ago, Beard said:

The link I sent explains your issue.

Unfortunately, none of the possible issues described in the link seem to apply to my situation.
I have been able to run the game fine through Steam before, but haven't been playing these last few weeks and the issue has only appeared today when i tried to start the game with the new multiplayer beta. That's when i found out that not even the IWBUMS beta will start through steam.

7 minutes ago, 13fabio57 said:

Unfortunately, none of the possible issues described in the link seem to apply to my situation.
I have been able to run the game fine through Steam before, but haven't been playing these last few weeks and the issue has only appeared today when i tried to start the game with the new multiplayer beta. That's when i found out that not even the IWBUMS beta will start through steam.

Do you not have any Antivirus Software? Even Windows Defender can use Folder Access to block files, check if you have that enabled.

4 hours ago, Beard said:

Do you not have any Antivirus Software? Even Windows Defender can use Folder Access to block files, check if you have that enabled.

I use Windows Defender but have tried disabling it temporarily without luck.
Played a bit today with friends and the game works fine when i start it with the .bat, it's just annoying that I can't seem to be able to start it through steam anymore.

I think the real problem is the java, recently my minecraft does not opened for some error in java, something like: Error to create a virtual machine, stuff like that, now i fixed my minecraft but project zomboid still does not working

3 hours ago, Netuo said:

I read all this topic but, nothing seems to help, i'm really frustrated because I bought this game just to play with my friends, now the multiplayer came I can not play :(

Does running the .bat file not work? What kind of errors do those files show?

Fixed it!
It is indeed an issue with java.

To fix it i did the following:

uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of java
i then followed these steps: Windows search bar>Type in "Path"> Click "Edit variables for your account">In System Variables, get rid of "_Java_Options">Click OK>Click Apply
Hope This helps anyone else with this problem.

2 hours ago, 13fabio57 said:

Fixed it!
It is indeed an issue with java.

To fix it i did the following:

uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of java
i then followed these steps: Windows search bar>Type in "Path"> Click "Edit variables for your account">In System Variables, get rid of "_Java_Options">Click OK>Click Apply
Hope This helps anyone else with this problem.

Thank you for posting your solution, too! It may help someone else in a similar situation! :)