Research lab

MrTrololo

other purpose of lab than scavenging for resources it would be place where we would be able to find some answers about zombie disease and zombie virus,that place would also contain imprisoned zombies as test subjects and zombified staff,and in further future even non-zombified scientists survivors that could explain some things even more clearly and also security guards(both zombified and ones who managed to survive)

that idea came from 2013 world war z movie

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of finding "background stories" in the game that give you hints about the origin of the outbreak. just little things like radio transmissions from survivors, notes on the desk of a lab building, an overturned truck on the highway with biohazard containers onboard. things like that.

Would be fun to have it randomly set at the start of each play through so you get a different mysterious cause for the outbreak each time. The result is the same each time though obviously. 

one of my favorite things when i first played the Resident Evil games was reading the notes and diaries of different people from the lead up to the outbreak. it made the world feel larger than the confined space I was wandering. like it there was history to this world.