More furniture should be jumpable/vaultable

Sedgwick

Saw this video earlier and it really made me think about how more of the furniture in game should have the option to jump over it. I'll post it below, but basically they got backed into a living room that's sectioned off by a few chairs and a couch. While they may have gotten lucky and ran through some zombies to escape, I realized if I had gotten backed into my own living room like that, I wouldn't feel stuck, I'd just jump over the couch.

I think couches, chairs, maybe even some of the low counters like low cabinets and jewelry counters should have the option to vault over them. In a non-threatening situation it can make navigating some rooms easier, and in a moment of panic it gives you an option to flee for your life. There's already the mechanic that you can fall if you're going faster than a walk when vaulting fences, so in a panic it's not just a free getaway: you could trip and fall if you try to do it fast.

Downsides I'm thinking would be zombie navigation, in enclosed spaces like in the video they might start crawling over furniture way more often instead of just pathing around like they would here. Even still a zombie on the ground in that situation would have me in a panic as they try the floor swipe.

Getting stuck behind some furniture that we could easily jump over. Starts at around 18 seconds in.

Edited by Sedgwick