Black Screen bug

morteaosamba

Question

Hello, i'm new to the forums and in PZ universe. But since i got the game, i have some issues. So let me explain:

I bought PZ via Desura a couple days ago, and i downloaded their client. But the game i chose to download directly via the ''Alpha.Zip'' link in the Desura PZ gamepage. I dont have Steam.

My OS is a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 - 64bits Intel Core 2 Duo - E4500 2.2GHz 4GB ram.

So, now i have the Project Zomboid folder in my ''C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Zomboid'' Yaaay! :)
Before initiating the game, i installed the Desura client and tried to launch PZ from there. I noticed that PZ was ''not installed'' - even i having it in my C:\ already. When i clicked ''Install'' the Desura client gets stuck for like 30 minutes validating the files before installing like that: post-5412-0-46334100-1386451281_thumb.pn And when it finally starts ''installing'', at 99% it freezes forever and wont install at all! (Happened twice btw.)

Anyway...i quited using Desura client and tried to play using the ''ProjectZomboid64.exe''. Well, everything went fine, i was in the game, excited to start a new survivor, i chose Sand Box mode, and hitted Play. And i got the black screen. The game was functioning...i saw the loot system, the stats, but couldnt see my char, or houses, zombies...nothing. 

Then i read on forums some possible solutions, i upgraded my java, the 32 bits and the 64 bits. I changed some stuff in that Project Zomboid.bat file for a variety of codes people were telling to, and it still didnt work. 

Please, i need help :( I dont know what more i can do...

Sorry for my english, im Brazilian, and if anything i wrote is wrong please correct me ^^

Thank you in advice.

5 answers to this question

Archived