What happened to melee ?

Havohej

Question

Picked up PZ again a few days back after a few weeks of not playing it and I'm really disappointed at what seems to be buggy melee ?

There are some zombies that I just can't kill ? 

I even got killed by a single zombie in my session because I kept hitting it in the head and it wouldn't even get knocked back, kept coming straight for me. Hit it over 16 times and it still managed to get close enough to scratch me. This was with a baseball bat.

Last time I played the game all you needed was a hit or two (with the bat atleast) and zombies would fall down.. 

Don't know if this has been addressed before.. but another 2 friends agree that melee is somehow broken in this new version ?

Is this by design or a bug ?

Whatever it is, melee is extremely frustrating to me at the moment... 

In the past it was zombies that came out of nowhere due to the streaming bugs that killed me and got me frustrated.. Now its zombies that apparently can't die and can't be knocked back fast enough to avoid a bite/scratch with the only option being running. Not very amusing tbh.

If there are gonna be super powerful/durable zombies would be nice to have some kind of marker on them to know instead of just hitting them over and over and over again to figure it out (if thats the case to begin with..)

Cheers

4 answers to this question

I know how melee works bro... and I'm sure something is wrong for some people atleast.. me and my friends verified that some zombies can take more hits in the head than you can count and still be alive and charging for you. This never happened to me before in the past ....

I know how melee works bro... and I'm sure something is wrong for some people atleast.. me and my friends verified that some zombies can take more hits in the head than you can count and still be alive and charging for you. This never happened to me before in the past ....

2 thing. Zombie now seem to have different stat, so u prolly got a tough one and a fast one, also i wasnt there so i cant know for sure but what you describe  happen all the time to me, its called figthing when we are exausted, which is sometime just suicidal when u get a strong zombie

Archived