Axe: Weapon or Tool?

Invader Jim

Axe: Weapon or Tool?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. For what purpose(s) do you primarily use an axe?

• Weapon (mostly)
    • Equally weapon/tool
    • Tool (mostly)

I got my first axe after a couple weeks in game. I used it for everything and it seemed to degrade quickly. This made me think maybe I should just save it and use it only as a tool next time because it is such a useful tool.  Weapons are easier to come by and the axe is such an valueable tool that it seems a waste to degrade it by using it as a weapon.

What do you do typically with the axe when you finally find one?

When I find an axe, it's a tool... I don't fight with it except for the odd stray zombie wandering between my safehouse & wood chopping area (which I try to clear first).

When I find my 3rd axe... that one is a weapon and can be used until I break that think off in someone's skull.

The 2nd one is a bit iffy.

I've never found an axe, so I've never had to make that decision :(

Try looking in industrial buildings.

Don't forget to check the Zeds you dispatch.  While 99% of them only have the clothes on their back, sometimes they do have something valuable.  The best loot so far has be pistols, axes and ammo.

Trees and doors only. With it being so rare, and how quickly you can harvest wood with it, it's a shame to waste on zombies. Plus if you're hitting them with the axe your missing out on blunt xp, which is a much more common. weapon class. And also when you are a good long way down the line, spiked planks become good friends. I'd rather have the axe contributing to production that be destroyed without producing as much as it could.

Archived