Kentucky survivors - story entries (Hardest Difficulty/World War Z Zombies)

LeoIvanov

Disclaimer : I write the story as soon as I finish the new day and pack up the screenshots. I write it directly into the topic, it doesn't seem to want to proof-read my spelling, so if there are some mistakes, please do inform me and I'll try and fix them (and keep them in mind for future writing). Also, English is not my native language, and although I do my best to improve, I do not guarantee a perfect reading experience with zero mistakes.

Henry Hernandez

- Construction Worker -

- Day 1

2013-11-25_00001_zpsac8d5308.jpg

If there was any time I regretted buying this piece of shit trailer - it was today. My name is Henry Hernandez, I'm writing this entry because... Well, internet is cut out. I would write this from my computer, or even phone, but I have my doubts about electronics and for how long they will last. Why, you ask? Today, 23th of August, I've encountered what many people has been very skeptical of seeing. I'll call it "Day 1", for the future ease of reference. I've only seen those things in movies, and even then - it was all just too spiced up for me to ever believe that this can actually happend. I woke up from my alarm clock, like usual. Something caught my attention as I worn my clothes - It seems like there was a sound of something smacking against the window. Weird, right?

It was morning, sun hasn't made it's way up fully yet. I swung my arm by the bed and took the baseball bat. It was a decoration more than anything, but I always have been paranoid of burglary so I kept it by my bed. After all, being a construction worker has given me so much money that I couldn't even afford a normal alarm to sleep normally.

I walked over towards the window, bat at the ready, and swung the curtain open. What I saw there nearly made me fall back in shock. A woman in her thirties was banging her palms at my window. She was covered in blood, and a red mark was seen over her neck, which was a source of all the blood around her. Did someone wound her? I instantly ran towards my phone. Dialing 911, I signalled the woman that it's going to be okay and that I am calling the cops. She didn't seem to really calm down and only begun smashing her wrists harder at the window. I was too confused to even think of something to calm her down, it's not usual to see people smacking on a window like this.

An automated voice informed me that the line was too busy at the moment, and that I should try again later. I dialed again, arms shaking. Nothing. In attempt to try and calm her down, or atleast ask what's wrong, I walked towards the window and opened it. Boy, did I do a mistake.

She instantenously lurged herself inside the moment I slightly opened the window, breaking through the lower part of the window frame. I stumbled back and hit the TV behind me. She slid inside and fell on the floor, not hesitating even a minute before lurging her face up to look at me. I felt like in a horror movie. She opened her mouth and hissed, then went straight forward towards me. Not knowing what else to do, I swung my arm at the TV behind me and crashed it forward. It's stand had wheels, so it slid without hesitation. The woman struck the TV stand but kept going. I only just managed to move away as both her and the stand crashed against the wall. I stood up and reached out for my bat. She didn't even give a damn about that TV! She just turned around, looked at me and tried to reach out for my feet. I swung the bat at her hand, but she ignored it and tucked her hand on the bottom of my pants.

"Get off me!" I screamed, as I sent a kick straight to her forehead. Instead of even slightly responding, she tried to clasp her teeth on my feet, tearing my flops off from it. I pushed myself backwards as the woman brought herself on her knees and tried to sling even closer. She seemed really desperate about taking a bite off of me, no matter what part of the body. I put the handle between me and her, just in time for it to get between her teeth. She managed to get higher up and nearly crashed me back on the floor, thank god the wall was blocking me from falling. I used all my strenght to push her back off of me. Why was it so hard? She fell backwards, slipping on her own pool of blood and crashed against the bed.

Having a moment to stand up, I charged my bat back and took a heavy hit towards the woman's head. As she lurged back at me (I know, right?!), it took her down as she face-planted the floor, but she didn't give any sign of having a pain or even holding on her head. That was really strange! In surprise, I took a moment to consider running for the phone. But knowing that the power line is dead, I thought it was better off dealing with situation now and explain the police later, rather than letting the woman kill me. I swung my bat again, her head impacted with the floor... And again... And again...

I swung the bat until it cracked and completely broke. I'm not sure after which hit the woman stopped moving, but I hesitated to stop. After this, I moved back and fell against the door. It was opening outwards, so it didn't open. I stared at both the woman and the pile of blood on the floor.

2013-11-25_00002_zps21d6a8c6.jpg

What is happening? Why is it happening? Did she went insane? Why did she have a blood mark on her neck? Why was she so desperate to bite me? I had too many questions in my mind. I kept staring at her until I felt enough confidence to stand back up. I carefully moved over towards the phone, again, and dialled 911. Automated voice, yet again, tells me that the line is busy at the moment. Just great. I creeped over towards the window and closed it. My arms were shaking, I couldn't even think properly. I had to call someone. I went and dialled my mom.

"Sorry, the line is busy at the moment, please try calling later." I kept re-dialing until my battery turned the phone off completely. What the hell is really happening?!

I walked over towards the crashed TV and turned it on. Forgetting about the noise, I quickly put the volume down to the bare minimum and put my ear as close to the speaker as possible. TV broadcaster announced that there is some sort of pandemic disease happening all over the world. USA, Brazil, Europe, Russia... Advicing to stay calm, they ask everyone to stay within the safety of their homes and wait for further instructions. So, - whatever just happened with me, happens with everyone now? I wish I turned the TV on earlier. I was also lucky that I bought some groceries yesterday... Just weird. After clearing my hands and clothes down, I took some whiskey from the refrigerator to calm my nerves. I knew that getting hammered wasn't the smartest idea, but a couple of sips helped sustaining my paranoia.

Finally, sun rays flashed through the curtains. I decided to hang around the kitchen, not wanting to look at the woman still laying in my bedroom. Screw it, if the shit is hitting the fan right now, I want to make sure my relatives are okay. I took some neccesities, packed up a couple of sheets, kitchen knife, and went out my way outside the house.

I approached the house to the south from me. Jimmy and his wife lived there, always thinking about moving over somewhere else. I looked through the north window, the parade door was swung open. I tried the window, and surprisingly, it opened with no effort. I got inside and quickly moved over to close the door. It was quiet there. As I closed the door, I suddenly heard some noise from the bathroom.

2013-11-25_00003_zps39c3cbd2.jpg

Deciding not to be a hero from the horror movie, I hesitate no more and climb the hell back out. Jesus, Jimmy, I just hope you didn't catch that infection, or atleast made it out alive. Turning over to the noise, I found out that nothing else but Jimmy's wife, Karen, was smashing her head on the bathroom's window...

2013-11-25_00004_zpseb5c1de6.jpg

I decided to keep moving south. I remember another neightbor of mine living there. It didn't take me long, and this time It took me less to enter the house than before. I was standing inside the clean bedroom, surely felt like a woman's hand kept this place like this. I went towards the closest cupboard and opened it - to my surprise, it was full of useful stuff!

2013-11-25_00006_zps7330ab3d.jpg

I took some of the clothes (God bless whoever recided in this house) and torn them into bandages. Then I swung the backpack on my back and stuffed all the other goodies inside. I couldn't think but feel really bad about what I was doing, that whiskey shot certainly eased it up though, if I didn't take it - I wouldn't even dare to take a step outside my trailer. I took my time to look around the whole trailer, and, to my surprise, it was completely empty. No sign of previous owners, no anything. It was also getting dark. I thought it was no good trying to get my way to my mom's house, so I just hung the sheet on the windows in the bedroom and closed them, so nothing disturbs or sees me. Wasn't the best plan, but I felt safe that way.

2013-11-25_00009_zps9e9fabd4.jpg

I spent the rest of the day shaking off the visions of whatever happened earlier to me. I don't think I'll be able to sleep properly tonight...

2013-11-25_00011_zpsff993c26.jpg

. . .

- Day 2

They are not here... They are gone.. Somewhere...

2013-11-25_00012_zpsd0582b7a.jpg

I woke up in sweat. About 3 or 4 times I woke up at night, thinking that I heard gunshot, or as if I felt like someone bit me. Way before falling asleep, I laid in bed for about an hour, and had thoughts running in my head. Does the infection spread through the bite? What are the odds of that happening? The woman I fought earlier had plently of opportunities to kill me, but all she seemed to want was bite me. Also, that blood mark on her neck pretty much proves that she was bitten before becoming like this. What happens if it spreads through air? Would that mean I'm already infected? How long does it take for one to show symptoms of this... craziness? I walked up the store yesterday evening, and everything seemed normal back then. It must have spread over night.

Also, how did the woman notice me in the first place? I was inside the house, alone, all doors and windows locked. Curtains were closed, so there is no way she could have saw me. Lights were off aswell... Ah! It must've been my alarm tone. So, they get attracted to sound?..

I had TV on for atleast half of the night. It shortens the time for the spreading atleast times two. I set the "Sleep" mode to trigger in two hours, meaning the TV turned off at 2AM. I was sleeping by that time, and it was quite, quite loud, louder than my alarm. I also woke up at about 8AM, so it means the infection spread out in less than 6 hours. Is it even possible? It'd be fair if it was airborne, but I slept through the whole night right now, and I am still alive.

I just took a full scan of my body, and I seem to be fine. Skin color is usual, It must've been purely about the bites. I hope I'd have more courage to test it more.

2013-11-25_00013_zps094ec89b.jpg

I opened the sheet-curtain and took a look outside. Street seemed empty enough for me to move out. I didn't want to waste any more time on staying here. Old owners might come back, and when they do, I'd better off be anywhere but here.

2013-11-25_00014_zps80553774.jpg

Upon exiting the trailer, I noticed a figure outside... Was it someone alive? She just stood there, her back facing me. I couldn't see from here if she had any bite marks or not, so I decided to approach slowly. Even if it's not a living person, Atleast I'd get to test out my theories that I thought of over night.

2013-11-25_00015_zps4aa91073.jpg

She definitely looked strange. All she did was just stood there, facing the ground. No moving, no anything. My paranoia told me that I should go opposite way, but curiosity was stronger. I kept moving until I was almost near the road. Each step I did, I could swear I saw her twitching a little and turning slowly back towards me. Maybe it was just my imagination.

After yet another step, I think I cracked a small twig under my foot. Or maybe it was a piece of dry dirt that is left over from the rain. Doesn't matter what it was, it made a noise, and the instant it did, the woman turned around to face me, opened her jaw and started hissing, as she lurched towards me. (Boy, was she ugly!) I took a stance, breathed in and took a stab towards her head...

2013-11-25_00016_zpsf9600a50.jpg

The moment she fell down was the moment of my relief, as yet another theory got proven - they seem to die only if you hit them in the head... Or atleast, fall down and stop moving... I don't want to stick and find out. There were more of the figures down the street, so I went the other way, towards my parent's house.

2013-11-25_00017_zps825b4831.jpg

Keep your eyes open, Henry. This one took me by surprise, lurging out of the woods. Thank god I had good reflexes, I just stood back as it missed me and fell on the ground. I had no trouble keeping it down and stabbing it in the eye until it stopped moving.

2013-11-25_00018_zpsaa5c0209.jpg

I looked through the corpse, and only found a wallet. No, I'm not that desperate, and I doubt these money would help me anyhow. Although I did take a moment to look at the picture of my attacker... Jesus, he had a family of two kids with him. Best not to dwell on it.

2013-11-25_00019_zps1b8d4e56.jpg

I kept moving down the road. I could already see the fence of my parent's house.

Another one sprinted at me from the forest. Even though I was ready this time, his screams still made me jump a little.

2013-11-25_00020_zpsfc2d93d2.jpg

I took care of it... Easy one, to keep my sanity I decided not to check the corpse and keep going... 

Suddenly, I heard a series of gunshots. A herd of crows escaped the area to my left as shots were fired, but I couldn't see the source of it. Immediately, I was greeted by the sound of hisses and screams from somewhere to my right, down the road, and a lot of leaves moving. One by one, these.. Creatures started running out from all around me, someone didn't notice me, for some I just stood in the way. Either way, I knew that running away was too late, so I prepared to fight.

One of them instantly tried to jump on me, but knowing this from before, I blocked it's efforts and shoved it further down the road. As it landed a few feet away from me, another one smashed into my side and nearly knocks me off balance. It was a man in his fourties, and despite his look, he did have some strenght in his push. I put my arm on the man's neck and stab him in the eye. As he falls down motionless, I was immediately greeted by another one, this time it was from behind, the one I thrown down the road. Knowing that these like to lurge rather than grab, I get on my knee and meet the force of my attacker with my spine, literally making it do a flip and land infront of me. As an easy target, I send the knife through it's skull, which it cracks immediately and sends the man into oblivion.

2013-11-25_00021_zps90972968.jpg

More sound came from bushes and all around the trees, they kept coming, and standing on the road was just a suicide, so I hurried up towards the house. This time one of them came from the direction of the shot, must've heard my footsteps. I really do have to sneak it seems if I don't want them to hear me. I took care of him just in time to notice another woman hurrying towards me from the direction of the house... Oh.

2013-11-25_00023_zps0b2b65e9.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyS-QF6CNNo - music for the mood :P )

It was Martha. My parent's neightbor, in the past she used to visit them for a cup of tea. I think we even had some chemistry building up between us, so it was especially painful to see her lurging like this at me... It took me long enough to realise that not just her but also another man (which I didn't recognize) was rushing at me simultaneously. He was in my blind spot, as I stabbed Martha, he managed to take a jump on me, and even push me down on the ground.

He was strong... He looked weak at first, but the strenght he packed into the push made me realize how actually painful it felt. I fell on the ground and hit the back of the head, barely keeping myself concsious enough to hold the man's teeth away from me by holding onto his neck. He struggled, even tried reaching over for my face. I tried struggling aswell. Surprisingly, despite how actually powerful he felt, I managed to shake him off easier than I expected. It was too late when I realized that I didn't have a knife in my grip anymore, and it was lying just a few steps behind me. I moved back, as the man caught up to me and lunged his fingers into my leg. It took me just half a second to realize what he was about to do, so I smashed my other foot into his upper nose, and pushed away forcefully.

The man started clamping his teeth constantly, obviously trying to take a bite, and pushing his forehead in the upper toe of my feet. I tried escaping his grip, but it was evident to me that it's nearly impossible. His fingers kept squeezing my leg so hard that I had to bite my tongue to avoid screaming in pain. I laid flat on my back and reached over for the knife. Grabbing it by it's handle's tip, I fixed it in my head as I straightened out and sent a sharp stab in the man's upper part of the head..

The man's grip eased out, and I finally took a sigh of relief to escape from his grasp. I stood up, having some trouble taking the blade out of the man's head... I almost lost life, because of some asshole who decided to fire a gun. Seeing nobody else appearing (if there were someone else, I would probably be dead already), I approached my house. I felt a burning pain in my leg, but I had to ignore it.

2013-11-25_00024_zps474c599a.jpg

Nobody seemed to be home... The door was locked. I tried opening the window.

2013-11-25_00025_zps65856264.jpg

2013-11-25_00027_zps3d5f403a.jpg

I checked inside the bathroom (I couldn't think rationally at that moment, pain in my leg just kept flashing.)

2013-11-25_00028_zpse22f4dc7.jpg

Then I checked the bedroom... Nothing, my parents weren't home... Not a sign of them, not a single letter.

2013-11-25_00029_zpsdfcfeca0.jpg

Not even a notice... They are not here... They are gone.. Somewhere...

The rest of the day was spent putting sheet on the windows and sorting out the stuff I brought here... I still can't believe that they left the house, and left NOTHING.

2013-11-25_00032_zps19d1ca94.jpg

Upon being lost in thoughts, I just decided it was a better idea if I turn off the lights, lay in bed and try to sleep. Hopefully, the pain will be gone by the morning...

2013-11-25_00033_zps01b1f273.jpg

. . .

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I only named the threat "World War Z" Zombies to give people a better idea what zombies I'm playing with at the moment, since I wasn't smart enough to take screenshot of the sandbox settings, and when I thought about it, I was almost in the middle of day 1 >.<

Edited in Day 2! Should I keep editing it in, or reply with new Day entries?

I can't post more images in my first post, unfortunately. It gives me a "you put more images than you are allowed to" error :/

I hope you don't all don't mind if I continue to write it in the replies.

EDIT : I can't even post that many images in a reply, it seems like I have to separate the Day 3 in two parts... Jeez.

Henry Hernandez

- Construction Worker -

- Day 3 (1/2)

They are... EVERYWHERE...

2013-11-25_00034_zpsab05e978.jpg

I was awaken at about 7AM by the series of gunshots in the distance. I slept in clothes, in case I had to abandon the house in a hurry during the night. Being a little dizzy, I walked over to the toilet to clean my face with water and check to see how my leg is doing.

Since yesterday the bruise on my leg got some color, which frightened me a little. But I got calm as soon as I figured that I would've turned during the night if it was infected. He didn't even cut it, just squeezed it so tight that it left me a bruise. Not a big deal. Had it worse...

So, I decided to go to the kitchen for some breakfast. As I opened the fridge, my mood dramatically went down. From all the food that I've got I've only ever got 2 canned beans, which I couldn't even freaking open without can opener, and an orange..

2013-11-25_00035_zps15b00ffd.jpg

"Atleast I'm still alive" - I thought, figuring that others have it worse than me. I tugged the orange in my pocket.

2013-11-25_00036_zpsc6cea90a.jpg

I sat around for a while. If I wanted to survive for longer than a couple of days, I oughta found some way to get some food. Now, the first thing that can come to my mind is going to the nearest food store. But I wonder how many more people would think the same way..

Maybe that's why many of the houses are empty!

They probably have left their house in a hurry to raid some nearby market or food store. From what I could gather, it wouldn't take long for all of them to get infected and spread the whole thing around. There would literally be hundreds of...

Hundreds of... Hm. Weird. I still haven't got to give those "creatures" a name yet. I mean, they are not people anymore... But you wouldn't call them the "dead" either. As ridicoulus as it sounds, I don't think I can name them "Zombies" either, because those don't run, and hell do THESE things run. For now, I will just refer to them as "Biters". Sounds good.

So, biters... It wouldn't take them long to infect the whole market and every area surrounding it. There are a lot of people who want to get "quick food", especially when it's free and you are starving. Food store is no... What else then? Raid nearby houses? I hardly remember any house nearby except Martha's. And I saw her infected yesterday, which probably means her family is infected aswell. It's still worth a try, better than nothing atleast.

I exited the safety of my house. Atleast they weren't in my backyard, that's already good.

2013-11-25_00037_zps2228510a.jpg

I moved across the small path towards the road. In the distance I could still see a "pile" of bodies that I've killed yesterday... Best not to think about it, I need to keep myself in a good mood.

2013-11-25_00038_zps6935fbe5.jpg

I kept walking down the road when I noticed a couple of biters standing really close to each other. I don't know if I could walk past them, but it'll still be infinitely more safe than walking through those set of trees.

2013-11-25_00039_zps5039cf1c.jpg

No luck... Doesn't matter how hard I try and not make a sound, even the slightest sound attracts them... Well, one of them. But we all know what will happend when I kill him.

2013-11-25_00040_zps4bfe4899.jpg

God, what an idiot I actually am. From all those encounters for the past days I forgot that I was still using the same kitchen knife I brought from my house. Those weren't built to crack skulls, and I realized that after I dispatched the first biter. The blade got stuck in his head, and my handle literally broke in half as the biter fell down behind me during momentum. The second biter twitches to the noise of a falling corpse and instantly turns around to look at me.

Defendeless, I almost forgot that I had my baseball bat. Not wasting any second, I dragged it out of my backpack and stood in position, ready to take a swing at already approaching biter.

2013-11-25_00041_zps659b22f7.jpg

I put all my force into the swing, and the second the bat impacts the jaw, parts of biter's jaw and some cracked skull sprayed all over the place, as he crashes down to my feet. It wasn't enough. He began crawling to my feet (with a good speed too), so I had to do a few finishing blows...

Just in time, I heard more leaves cracking. As I turn to the left, I see about half a fucking dozen of biters running towards me, gathered by the noise. I didn't even have second thought when I turned around and started running in opposite direction.

2013-11-25_00042_zps17c9dd7b.jpg

The sound of my feet against the ground are really loud, even I realize it. I ran to the end of the intersection and turned left, only to be greeted by more, constant screams and hisses, as about 5 or so (I didn't have time to do a head count) appeared from behind the trees, only ever stopped by the fence to climb over it. My heart rate beaten faster than the sound of my feet hitting the ground. Seeing an even bigger horde down the road (Where the FUCK are they coming from?!), I take a very sharp turn to my left and jump into the trees, hoping to loose the sight of the herd of biters that chase after me. 

As I constantly keep my hands up to move the leaves out of my way, I could hear noises of biters crashing through tree line right behind me. I could swear I feel breathing down my neck, as I turn even more sharp and do a U turn back towards Martha's house, hoping to fool the biters into thinking that I went other way.

THEY KEEP ON COMING!

2013-11-25_00045_zpsd8d318eb.jpg

Faster than death itself, I sprint back into the woods as I suddenly is greeted by a lone biter that didn't even knew about my presense before. I crash into him, unable to turn, and we both fall down on the ground. He loudly gasps for air as he starts twitching on the ground, then does a full body motion clockwise, trying to grasp it's hands on me. I move out of the grip just quick enough to get back up on my feet, and smash it's head in with the baseball bat. I moved further away into the woods, then I saw that other biters seem to have lost track of me, apparently still fooled by the noise of the cracked biter's skull.

2013-11-25_00046_zps7bb2a9e7.jpg

Greeted by even more trees, I make my way north. If I'm right, I should be heading in the direction where Martha's house is. I could still feel my heart wanting to jump out of my chest. Only now I stop to lean on the tree and take a rest. Noises behind me get silent.

2013-11-25_00048_zps40c7ffa1.jpg

I was right! As soon as I got out of tree line, I was greeted by Martha's back side of the house. Excitedly, I approach it and try the door. Locked.. Of course. I move over to the right and try the window. With no effort, it opens, and I climb in what seem to be a bathroom.

It's not a very comfort bathroom but it's a very safe one, as it's just 1x6 small room with all the bathroom cramped up in a tight space. I carefully open the door and peak out... My plans to loot Martha's house were destroyed when I saw her entire family standing in the guest room.

2013-11-25_00050_zps7376ba20.jpg

I instantly close the door again, and as I start climbing out of the window, I could already hear one of Martha's relatives smashing it's fists at the door.

I make my way up the road, barely getting the panic off my chest. I remember my dad shown me a small path that lead off into the forest area with a lot of berry bushes. For now, that could be my primary source of food.

I still look back occasionaly, in case the horde that was chasing after me suddenly appears again.

2013-11-25_00051_zps91b2778f.jpg

I make my way up towards the railtracks, and decided to take a shortcut. Little did I know...

2013-11-25_00052_zps08a0c9a1.jpg

Remember when parents taught us to look both ways when you pass the road? Yeah, I turned around to the noises behind me, and was terrified when I saw biters running after me. It looked like they noticed me far down the tracks, but because of my stupidity, I couldn't see them until I heard them..

Reminder : LOOK BOTH WAYS.

2013-11-25_00053_zps520d229e.jpg

I ran. Again, this time I tried to fool biters by crossing behind  the train station and doing a U turn on another side. That seemed to have worked, surprisingly.

I continued walking down the path. One of the biters, in the end, still managed to see me and ran after me.

2013-11-25_00054_zps09f77437.jpg

I dispatched her easier than expected. I didn't even bring attention of the others from around the station. I guess luck is on my side this time. Was it a rain droplet?

2013-11-25_00055_zps5be37e8d.jpg

Nevermind about the "luck".

Under rain, wet and soaking, I made my way into the forest. I just wish I don't catch a fever. I'm literally begging for it, although I've never been a god's person before... And even when you think about it, would the god really allow that to happend if he really existed? Is it it's wrath, or some way to test us out? I should really get back home...

END OF PART 1 OUT OF 2

Henry Hernandez

- Construction Worker -

- Day 3 (2/2)

2013-11-25_00056_zps18cb201c.jpg

I spend about an hour under the rain, trying to make sure I get enough berries to last me atleast a week. Then I start making my way home. Atleast, in a few more minutes, the rain stopped.

As I go up the road, I could see a lone biter standing in the tall grass.. Won't hurt to dispatch him I guess, don't want him following me back home.

2013-11-25_00057_zpsdd96f094.jpg

I need to remind to slap myself next time I think about something like this irrationally. I shouldn not have  touched that biter... Not only now I'm tired because it took me longer than usual to kill him, but now more of the biters who heard the noise are all over me now.. Home was so close.. For fucks sake.

2013-11-25_00059_zps8fbbe347.jpg

I try to do a U-turn around a small growth of trees next to my house to fool biters into running the wrong direction.

2013-11-25_00060_zps6aeabfd9.jpg

It doesn't work.

2013-11-25_00061_zps8327b7e7.jpg

Next couple of hours I attempt to lure them away from my house... I do a lot of zig-zagging, walking through thick growth of trees, and in the end... One of them finally gets me when I least expect it.

I walk home along the road, it is already dark, and all I could see between me and home is 1 single biter. 1 Biter between me and a safety of tall fence and brick walls. I approach him from behind for a dispatch. He falls down, and before he could scream or do any noise, I stomp on his throat and break it. A moment later, all I'm doing is beating the thing to death until it stops twitching. At that moment the anger took me over, and I lost sense of time or surroundings. Before I know it, I feel like something heavy smacks into my back and forcefully throws me on the ground.

I hit the ground. Dirt and sand feels my nostrils as I try and get back up or atleast force myself forward, so the biter that ran into me won't trap me. As I do so, I feel a burning pain in the lower part of my leg. I loudly scream as my leg is penetrated by the biter's nail who attempts to hold and drag me back to it's teeth. I hear a lot of noises from down the road, behind me, and to my right... They run through the trees, they climb the fences, even bump into each other. I know what they are running for.... I think this is it...

They are... EVERYWHERE...

I forcefully escape the biter's grip and get on my feet. A second later, another biter jumps out of the tree line and misses me just by a foot. I grab the bat that I dropped in impact and run away as far from that place as possible. I can't think of the pain in the leg now, all I could think of is escaping, running the FUCK out of there.

2013-11-25_00062_zpsc6abf36b.jpg

I run behind Martha's house, jumping into the tree line behind it and concealing myself from the MOB of biters that are chasing after me. I start slashing and hitting the tree leaves out of my way, barely able to see anything. Before I know it, I am on the other side of the tree line. Gathering my thoughts, I go right back towards the road..

As I approach the road and make sure that nobody is around to see me, I check my leg. It's scratched, atleast the biter didn't bite me. However, I'm not sure if it spreads through scratches... I tear some bandages from the clothes in my backpack and bandage the wound up, hoping to stop some minor bleeding.

2013-11-25_00067_zps79d5c77b.jpg

I make my way back home as cautious as possible, almost crawling. I could barely see shit infront of me, but if I can't see them, it means they can't see me. The thing they are attracted to is noise, so I'll be damn sure to not make a single one.

2013-11-25_00068_zps51be9112.jpg

I make my way home with no more encounters... I can't do anything but gasp in relief because of it. I carefully close the door, not bothering locking it. As I make my way towards the bed, I drop the backpack on the floor beside me.

This is it.

That's my last countdown. If anyone in the future finds this, I will make sure they atleast find help in those drafts. I start counting down in my head, every second I write this. The moment I start feeling sick, I will write down the number of seconds I counted. You'll see how long it takes until I turn...

112                                                                            777

23

TH                                       6                                               14

. . .

It's been over 6 hours.

I'm still alive...

2013-11-25_00069_zpsf2f6a227.jpg

Archived