Stefano

Accelerated time and panic problem

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've noticed different times with different characters that, if I accelerate time during some outdoor actions (e.g. foraging), it happens that, when a zombie approaches me, time doesn't set to normal speed and I get scratched or wounded. These guys are all agoraphobic and they panic during the action. Is all this normal?

Edited by Stefano

4 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Stefano said:

Hi, I've noticed different times with different characters that, if I accelerate time during some outdoor actions (e.g. foraging), it happens that, when a zombie approaches me, time doesn't set to normal speed and I get scratched or wounded. These guys are all agoraphobic and they panic during the action. Is all this normal?

Agoraphobic + being outside = panic. Yes, this is normal.

Regarding getting damaged, the char is outside and there are zombies so fastforwarding time perhaps is not the best course of action? (Tip: you can press Esc to cancel Foraging when you hear zed noises). You can select to "Resume normal speed when timed actions complete" in Game Options > Accessibility and this should help as well.

Posted (edited)

@Pandorea

Yes, but I know that in the game if a zombie is spotted (e.g. During Sleeping or other timed actions) time will automatically slow down. I've tested this with no-agoraphobic characters and it works, even during foraging.

I think the problem is the panic moodle, which creates a false positive in the "slow time" trigger. In conclusion if the character becomes panicked by itself, he won't react to a zombie even if sighted and this is not fair, because in reality if I see a threat I'll stop doing anything, even if in panic.

Edited by Stefano

So... if I unerstand what you say correctly: fast-forward will not revert to normal speed - when foraging and hearing a zed approach - if character is already panicked from a trait (Agoraphobic in this case)? I'll give that a go and see if that is the same on over here.

32 minutes ago, Pandorea said:

So... if I unerstand what you say correctly: fast-forward will not revert to normal speed - when foraging and hearing a zed approach - if character is already panicked from a trait (Agoraphobic in this case)? I'll give that a go and see if that is the same on over here.

Yes, that's right, both hearing and/or seeing, instead indoor it never happens.

P.S. Also it's strange that making casual characters the agoraphobic trait is assigned 3 times on 4.:huh: