Decoys + traps

Badgzerz

• Plastic bottles can be filled with chemicals that make them burst after some time. They would be incredibly easy to make and carry and they would rupture attracting zombies, they would be louder than many guns.
  • You can attach live ammunition by the bullet to anything that creates a lot of drag so that the primer of the cartridge always lands first. Effectively you could mortar these very easily manufactured decoys over buildings with an atlatl, sling, or slingshot to attract zombies. High skill with slings, atlatls, or wrist rockets would enable one to lob these decoys a great distance, far enough to reach over a gas station or bar. 
  • Stun grenades
  • Smoke grenades - draws zombies from afar within line of sight. As far as you can pan your camera. 
  • Firecrackers - very commonly found and easily crafted from gunpowder. In 80-90s america you could get these at a gas station or supermarket at 16 years old pretty easily. Light and throw. Can throw further if a long primary melee is the primary as I can notch a sword or stick and use it as a lever for a farther throw. 
  • LRAD speaker - Imagine laser technology but with sound. You can beam any audio in a limited cone towards something from a great distance away. This would be a great way to split groups of zombies off a thinly spread horde from afar. High electrical skills can craft these, and they are handheld sirens that work in a customizable cone. 
  • Programmable burglar alarms 

)

Traps

• Falling log trap - easily setup in doorways, devastating against single targets, immobilizes targets and can be used to hunt medium game. 
  • ceiling claymore trap - Surefire way to hit a horde of zombies in the heads.
  • Repeating gun trap - when mastered you can have zombies walk through a self resetting trap that uses one bullet to kill one zombie every time. I would do this with a .22LR gun mounted to a door jamb followed by a floating metal rod tripwire that is fixed to the gun, when the rod is tripped by a zombie head, it is guaranteed to score a headshot and reset itself. I hope you've been collecting those useless low condition autoloading pistols. 
  • Fragmentation grenade trap - largely useless as fragmentation won't kill a zombie because headshots only count. Would do a great job at attracting more, killing some, and permanently deafening & blinding live zombies. Has the side effect of creating many crawlers. 
  • Concussive grenade trap - Best trap as concussive blasts affect the ears, brain, and eyes worst. Put three stun grenades into one room slightly above head level hanging from the ceiling and the concussive blast is guaranteed to kill every single zombie in the room with minimal effort. Place a cone above the grenade cluster to direct all the concussive blast like a lens on a flashlight for more effect and range. 

Traps may draw more zombies than you kill, use carefully. 

- You can already make flame trap bottle bombs, but maybe we could mix pop and mint candy in a bottle to make a "Mentos Bomb" that causes no damage but makes a lot of sound.

- The addition of atlatls could be a really awesome idea if the throwable mechanics in the game were improved upon, slinsgshots could be cool also. However, I think that the ammo thing may be a little far-fetched. I know you can do that IRL, but the shrapnel would explode and probably injure you. Even small caliber rounds can do this.

- Stun grenades could be cool, but I can't really figure out a use for it outside of MP. Even there, why waste time throwing a nonlethal grenade when you could use a gun or anything to kill someone quicker. PZ is a permadeath game it's not COD, you wont respawn if you get killed. Smoke bombs are already in the game and are WAY more useful against both zeds and survivors alike.

- Fireworks should be a thing in general for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the game takes place days after 4th of July in rural Kentucky.

- LRAD speakes weren't even invented until the 21st century so that's an automatic no.

- This could be useful if we ever get an Alarm update.

I pretty much agree with all the trap ideas, but I can tell you right now we will never get Claymores added to the game. Hopefully extremely rare frag grenades someday, but even that is kinda 50/50. The log and gun door traps sound good though!