Possible game ideas

JewishCowboy

This post is mainly just a few ideas that have come to mind and I think would if not be fun would add some lore to the game and would be downright fun. Read my ideas below and tell me what you think.

Idea 1#: Hazmat zombies (Immune to environments): Ideally in any disaster zone FEMA usually responds to dangerous situations to assist the State governments with relief and that includes disease as well. I believe, it is important to add a quarantine base with large zombie counts with some items along with a decent amount of lore. However, the Hazmat Zombies on a lore basis would be Federal Agents that became infected Via Bite or Scratch usually. These Zombies would be much harder to kill with fire mainly because the suits are highly flame retardant. But If my idea was added to the game - I think based off this idea we could add some new medical jobs along with Military / Government job types and skills to help push that agenda along and it would be nice to see some new medical items such as a undamaged hazmat suit or another rare item or two but at an extremely rare cost of opening the Infected cages. Keep in mind you would only find this at the quarantine base and if it’s possible - maybe add two to three different spawn locations  A: if it’s possible to do so without a lot of work and B: to not always guarantee   the same location of rare items.

Idea 2#: Personally, I think Gasoline should be the short term idea to fueling cars , generators and other building items that require it however, it should run out or be extremely an low amount of to begin with. I believe that Biofuel and or Solar panels should be added to the game as well. For solar panels, it should be an extremely rare item to find in the game and must require a lot of skills to do so as a tradeoff but would make the survival of your characters more worthwhile. it should be mentioned that Solar panels could be placed anywhere and removed at anytime to supply power to your base throughout the day along with charging your batteries for night time usage as well but the trade off here is how extremely rare they must be per game. Secondly, Bio-fuel would nerf cars and gas powered items from being abused at the start but if someone were able to make a decently sized farm and had the right amount of skill sets - they could make their own fuel and would be able to use cars and other items at their own leisure.

Honorable mention to also consider :  I think its notable but something I would find some enjoyment is the possibility to have more electric based defenses such as electric fences that would cause Zombies to catch fire and would also disable Human players whom have a long period of exposure to said defenses.

- JewishCowboy - Over and Out !   ( Radio goes silent)

• 2 weeks later...

I think devs already said no special infected, but it would be cool to see zombies with special items that might affect combat. Hazmats are a good idea. I think bulletproof vests, swat helmets, and riot shields could also create "uncommon infected." Would be beneficial to survivor if he can beat the zombie. High risk vs low reward is the name of the game though. Maybe these are hard to use or maintain. I think they plan to add a quarantine camp whenever the Louisville map is added. We know the exclusion zone begins at the Ohio River, and that cuts right through downtown Louis. All this special gear would make more sense there perhaps.

This is a very common suggestion, and so I assume Biofuel will come at some point. Solar panels are a hard no from most of the community. Residential solar panels didn't really exist in the 90s, and those that did were small RV-type panels. Maybe we could scavenge industrial panels from suuuper specific locations. Again, though, its the 90s. And it's rural Kentucky. Even if you did manage to find them, they required monthly replacements back then. Imagine having to find and set up a solar panel 12x a year and only getting a fraction of generator energy production. Not worthwhile imo. The only energy sources I see being functional and balanced are water wheels and windmills. Gasohol can work if it takes a farm and damages engines and generators quicker than petrol gas.

A base defense overhaul is a must too. Build 42 is supposedly going to be the Animal/Hunting Update. B43 will most likely be NPC Surivor Update. If B44 is a NPC/Group Management Update, it would be perfect to add this. I imagine if we can actually give NPCs jobs and crafting bills, that would probably have to bring in more workstations or crafting benches. Maybe adding more general build items, as well as a whole list of Survivor Traps and Base Defenses. Bear traps, nail floors, electric fences, razor wire, landmines, and hot oil falls. All could be amazing and there's so many more you could add.