Drove through the real Muldraugh

feral_donkey

I had to drive through Kentucky recently so I detoured through Muldraugh.      The basic geography of the main strip is pretty accurate.     Woods on one side and a strip of shops on the other.    The court of the Golden Manor Inn was the only thing that seemed game familiar in that area but I didn't turn off the main road.    West Point on the other hand is very different.     Socioeconomically depressed without any section of higher end housing that i could see.      No real downtown either.     The bank was a small one story brick home that had been converted.     A quaint looking old-timey bank.      In WP I saw an inflatable Santa wearing hunting clothes and an inflatable snowman carrying a shotgun.

North of West Point the small race track was visible from the road to the right.      Then it begins to seriously diverge from the game.   Within a few minutes of driving there a huge power plant visible to the left and a huge cement factory to the right.     Probably major employers in the area.   I didn't take any pics because...google probably covers it.  But it was funny to see it first hand.

Near Ft Knox there is a George Patton museum and I wondered if it held vintage firearms.     Maybe something for modders to think about.

This old thread has interesting photo comparisons. I looked on maps and it looks like that Cement Plant and the Coal Power Plant would be not far off the map north of the mall in the northeast corner. The power plant and museum existed during the time the game is set in, but I couldn't find when the cement plant was commissioned. But if you wanted to look for firearms, I'd go to Fort Knox! :)

Archived