Improving the Medical Occupations

DoritoS

User Burger Time made a post about how he would like to improve the medic skills and I'd like to add my own two cents without de-railing his post. There are many ways in which you could improve the medic skills but what I'd like to focus on in this post is a practical way to lvl up your character in the first place. One of the biggest short comings with the role is injuries that are curable don't occur often enough in a play-through to get anywhere. You're more likely to die of zombafication LOOOONG before you can reach even lvl 5, unless of course....you hurt yourself, yes, hurt yourself. I broke my own legs, and jumped through windows to reach lvl 10. My proposal is to allow players to examine the suicide victims you can find riddled around the map and expariment on them as a doctor would use pig/ artificial skin to practice his suturing. When close enough to a corpse an additional menu would come up letting the player work on the deep wounds, bleeding, fractures, gun shot wounds, etc.

If a new player found of you could Dr. Frankenstein corpses it would definitely be a neat discovery and hilarious.

I also believe each level you have in medical should reduce your likelihood of zombafication by 1% as well. Maybe let players "flush the wound" within a small time frame and apply medical skill level to reduce the chance of zombification.