Implement the Ability to "Hustle"

DogManJr

I just viewed this video, and I loved it! I love you devs and I love this game. 

But I noticed that the character tripped over a fence because he did not jump. He landed face first onto the ground, and then slowly got back up to his feet.

PLEASE! I don't know if you have payed GTA 5, but it is not realistic when you are running for your life from about 10 cops, 10 SWAT guys, and 3 helicopters, and while crossing the street, a car lightly bumps into you, knocking you to the ground, and the character hesitates on the ground and then slowly gets back up to his feet as if he's a happy middle-aged man who tripped while playing pick-up soccer with his buds in his community league.

I think "hustle" should be added. It could be either something you toggle or a modifier for the next or current action. It makes you do things faster, but at the expense of an increased chance of failure, noise, being temporarily less aware of surroundings, etc.

-So, if you hustle while walking, you walk faster, but you get more tired than walking, but less tired than sprinting.

-If you hustle while eating, you might eat something faster, but it won't be as filling.

-If you hustle while transferring inventories, you have a slight chance of fumbling and you fail on transferring the item, and the game auto-re-attempts to transfer that item. Hustling overall while transferring items would be worth it in terms of time spent, but not worth it in terms of noise and fatigue.

-If you hustle after falling on the ground, you get up on your feet faster, possibly ready to run, but at the cost of panic or pain or maybe unhappiness, and maybe also temporary decreased awareness as if you're dizzy.

-If you hustle while loading bullets into a mag, you might drop a bullet on the ground.

I'd love to see other ideas related to hustle if you guys like this suggestion.

Anyway, thanks for reading this far :)

It would be great as well that when your fitness is higher, you perform somewhat more intensive acrobatics. That's me being too flashy, how about "more fit less eating shit".

Low fit: Slow jump over fences, trips on low fences without proper jumping, low recovery rate, higher chances of injury, mantle windows clumsily
Higher fit: Faster fall recovery, scaling fences is easier, jumps over low fences, lower chances of injury when falling, chances of rolling (controlled tumbling) when falling, mantle windows easily

Archived