Unable to join hosted game after updating to 39.5

Spitfire

Question

A few friends and I have been playing on a game one of us has been hosting for the past few days. After today's update, I have been unable to join the hosted game. When invited directly via steam, nothing changes in the main menu. When I attempt to "Join game" from a chat menu, I get a "Server is not responding" message. When the server is made public, I don't even see it in the server options. We've tried hosting another server, as the original one is on the same network as my computer, but even still, no success. We've disabled mods, and still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.  

5 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

How is the server created?  The dedicated server tool or through the Host button on the main screen?

Was it updated to the correct version of the game?

Is everyone actually on 39.5?

The host button on the main screen, we deleted and started another server after the update, and all three of us show 39.5 on the main menu. 

Just now, Spitfire said:

The host button on the main screen, we deleted and started another server after the update, and all three of us show 39.5 on the main menu. 

Okay. You can't make these servers public or join them from the Favorites list. That should only work with a dedicated server. You can only join from an invite, not just with the general "join player in game" prompt Steam does. Trying to do it any of these ways will result in either a connection failed message or not responding.

So, the host has to invite you from in-game. (Esc -> Invite -> double click the player's name to send an invite). Then a chat window will open on your side with the option to join. Only then will it work.

Sorry, it's possible you're already doing this, but it can be confusing, so it's best to go over it. :)

Understandable. Like I said in my original post, when directly invited, absolutely nothing happens. It just stay's at the main menu and the "Joining Co-op server" box doesnt pop up. We rolled back to Iwillbackupmysave and we got it to work, but obviously we want to play with vehicles. 

Archived