NMRiH-styled decaying zombies sandbox option

hunger john

Since RJ is working on new sandbox options for the game, I though I'd go ahead and suggest this as it's been on my mind for a while.

For those unaware, the game No More Room in Hell features a few different kinds of zombies. The sequel is expanding on this by adding different levels of decay with a different zombie subtype for each. Recently infected are sprinters, then they decay into walkers, and eventually they're just a bloated shambling corpse. This provides their lore explanation while still allowing different distinctive zombie style tropes like runners and shamblers in one game.

Anyways, I saw that "random zombie speeds" is already being worked on so I was wondering if it could be directly tied to time spent as a zombie. Default zeds would be randomized as usual, perhaps with sprinters on the rarer side, but player-borne zombies would always rise as sprinters (and decay over time as usual). I feel like this would be an especially fun addition for multiplayer as you'd have people extra paranoid about having someone in their group croak and come back as a sprinter within their base. I can imagine some funny scenarios where a guy gets an bite, dies, and in turn infects his entire safehouse of people because they're all sprinters running around in close quarters. Then you've got people debating whether to run in and grab all the loot before someone else does, or waiting until the group inside has decayed down and hope there's still something left. I suppose it also has the added bonus of crowded servers not becoming infested with sprinters either, as they'd all decay down to walkers within a few in-game days.

Don't know if I'm supposed to post a separate topic for different suggestions, so I guess I'll post my other one here: Sandbox option to enable zed numbers decreasing over time. I actually don't know if this is already possible with the current advanced settings, but if so I can't figure it out.

It would allow for more versatile gameplay since you could have the zed population start low, then sharply rise up and find yourself frantically attempt survival until they die back down. It would fit in well with sandbox games attempting to emulate 28 Days Later with sprinters, for instance. Nervously peeking through the curtains hourly watching them all stumble around and run after noises,  desperately attempting to survive in a barricaded apartment as you pray to god the ones outside starve before you do, etc.

I've admittedly no idea how much work any of this would be, just some suggestions spurred on by today's Mondoid. Thanks for reading.

A nice idea about sprinters, it seems it would have added another bit of variety to the game!
I even got the following idea. Now the game updates zombies every few days like? That if the new zombies instead of the killed would have rushed into the city from outside?

And would rush along it like rabbits ahaha!

That's only sprinters zombies should be extremely little time, maximum of a day?

Or an imbalance would begin and all people would die very quickly.

For example, if zombies were updated once a week, then on Monday all the players would hide in the house :D

It seems very deep zombie mechanics, in fact I would first work on their blows and etc, because At the moment, the fight with the zombies looks sad :(