Seasons affecting both players and zombies in a different way

LeoIvanov

Sorry I put that badly what I was trying to describe was a flip top lid like the green bins in the game have , when the lid is open it acts as normal, when the lid is closed no water in no water out. that way when it's the rainy early spring you top off those barrels then close them when full, and open them in the "hot" season only when you run out of water

I will make a map in Nebraska when i get the tools. In the tri city area Hastings, Grand Island, Kearney area.

We get feet of snow and well bellow 20f all winter long.

Well I'm going to make Texas! (No I won't)

Everyone will have a gun and you can die of heatstroke or freeze to death within 3 days of each other!

I will make a map in Nebraska when i get the tools. In the tri city area Hastings, Grand Island, Kearney area.

We get feet of snow and well bellow 20f all winter long.

Well I'm going to make Texas! (No I won't)

Everyone will have a gun and you can die of heatstroke or freeze to death within 3 days of each other!

Try Australia, murdered by vicious wildlife as soon as you step out of your house.

(or loose your baby)

I was referring to the living, not the dead. Even then, it seems pretty unlikely that slow them down any noticeable amount.

All I'm saying is, it wouldn't be worth programming if you kept it even remotely realistic as far as the amount.

You also didn't say "when snowing" you just said all winter, and that's just a bit silly.

Easy to judge when you live in the place where "winter" doesn't always mean "snowing".

Here in Russia it starts snowing at the end of November, and snows pretty much until beginning of march. Temperature stays below 0, so even if it's several weeks/a month without snow falling, it's still not enough for the snow already on the ground to melt out all the way to the grass.

Unfortunately, where the game is set, "winter" doesn't always mean "snowing."

Snow just isn't much of a threat below 1 ft in depth.

But it usually means ICE. What if you were running from the horde in Winter and all the doors and windows are frozen shut? Everything would be way harder to open, even when smashing.

I would like to refute that I'm in Canada and when I was younger my brother, myself, and a friend were chucking ice at each other for fun ... we were kid give us a break ....  and I know we had to make a huge number of mad dashes because one of us missed and smashed a window. All ice means is more stuff to break windows with it doesn't make it any harder to smash.

I would like to refute that I'm in Canada and when I was younger my brother, myself, and a friend were chucking ice at each other for fun ... we were kid give us a break ....  and I know we had to make a huge number of mad dashes because one of us missed and smashed a window. All ice means is more stuff to break windows with it doesn't make it any harder to smash.

Still harder to open doors or windows.

Not really sure that's entirely accurate. It's snowing here and we just had freezing rain, and I had no trouble with my doors or windows today. That's really taking something and way overcomplicating it for not much gameplay value.

Are you kidding me? Gates are freakin' Impossible to open, as we also just had Ice  (Thank you Winter Storm Cleon) Doors are okay if your house is heated, but if electricity be off, then you screwed. Everythin' will freeze over. Fences are also dangerous to climb over (That would actually be a cool addition!) and hills are dangerous! But of course, hills aren't implemented other than stairs so...Anyway, you'd have to break up the ice in your water collection barrels if you wanted a drink (Maybe use a crowbar or something)

The reason your doors and windows aren't frozen over is because the inside of your house is heated. What if it wasn't? Although watching the horde slip and slide over ice would be pretty funny.