Auto Whitelisting with Twitch

Tweeknuts

Question

Hello!  I was wondering if there was any way we can whitelist people automatically through a twitch service (mostly for subscribers of twitch, etc.).  I know we can whitelist with SteamID64s but if I'm correct they need to be entered into the SQLite database directly.  Is there a way that I can pull in the SteamIDs automatically and import into the database or have the database just look for a .txt file where it can grab them from there too? Thanks!

3 answers to this question

So basically what I'm trying to do is use a service called StreamPerk that works with Twitch that pulls the streamer's subscriber's information.  If they are a subscriber of that channel they will have access to StreamPerk where the subscriber can link up the Steam.  On my end all I see is a list of steamid64s that I can pull in every few minutes that will automatically allow people to connect.  A lot of streamers and the people that are working with them don't really want to rely on passwords.  I'm sure people won't mind if they need to enter in their own name and password but we wouldn't really want them to do anything if they are whitelisted.  Anybody can give out the password so it's hard to keep it subscribers only.

So basically what would be great is the ability to have the SteamID64's imported into a .txt or allow us to import into the database which then will allow whoever trying to connect to the server the access to get to the screen to create their login info or just go straight to the character creation.

Archived