Multiplayer

Helbrecht

I'm unable to host a server because of my internet having too high of a ping, however I'm able to host a server and have people join I just don't because of said ping, my friend can't port forward his router for some reason so we decided to use Hamachi, I set it up doing the -nosteam command and using the projectzomboidserver.bat file, and manually installing my mods, and it worked he was able to join me however when he set up his the exact same way I did, it didn't work, he wasn't able to join his own server and I wasn't either, are there any other ways of hosting servers without paying for them or is that a preferred method.

Any idea why your ping is so high? On a busy network? Friend on the other side of the world?

I would imagine that hosting your server on your own machine is the best way to go if you don't want to pay for anything. I am no expert, but I would assume you won't get away from that high ping regardless of where you host. Something is causing you to be bottle-necked in the network.

IMO this isn't the sort of game you want to play with a high ping. If you get a moment of lag you can very quickly/easily end up dead.

Archived