Help with sandbox settings.

Elfo7

Hello.

I started playing coop with a friend but after 3-4 weeks have passed, we noticed that zombie numbers didn't increase. I set everything with the default settings (coop is basically sandbox mode).

I need to know if this is possible:

Can I get rid of zombie spawn? I don't like zombies spawning, can I turn it off with any sandbox settings?

Also,  can I start with only a few zombies and make more appear each day? Gradually increasing zombie numbers each day?

Not sure if you can increase in on a daily basis, but there are options under advanced zombie settings I think.  You can start with fewer and raise or lower the total limit, but I believe those are global options, so some areas may experience concentrations lower or higher than what you may expect.

You might have to play around with the settings to get things fine-tuned.

4 hours ago, Elfo7 said:

Can I get rid of zombie spawn? I don't like zombies spawning, can I turn it off with any sandbox settings?

Also,  can I start with only a few zombies and make more appear each day? Gradually increasing zombie numbers each day?

Yes - go to advanced zombie setting and switch all conditions as you want by reading descriptions under each setting field. I don't like respawn too :-D and I love very much this flexible sandbox. Now I am in experements with zombie grouping.

22 hours ago, Beichtvater said:

tell please, is  "Can I get rid of zombie spawn?" and "Gradually increasing zombie numbers each day?" are not mutually exclusive?

how you will increase the numbers if the spawn is off?

It's workis separate:

Zombie respawn - every cell on map have something like "standart number of zeds" (every cell have own number). For example - if you kill all zeds in cell and run away, with time cell will spawn zeds to increase population to 0.1 of "standart number of zeds".  In such way approximately respawn works. It is a reaction on population reduction (per cell).

Gradually increasing zombie numbers each day - meaning peak number, I think. Peak number interact with whole population on game map. For example, if you switch "population = 1.0", "peak number" = 4.0 and "peak day" = 365, zeds population will be increased for year from 1.0 to 4.0 everywhere not in particular cell. After one year population will reduct to 1.0 with time ( I dunno how much time reduction needed). It's looks like global horde migration.:-D Also it os working conversely if peak number less then population.

There are such mechanics as spread - it is filling lack of zeds in cell but instead of respawn it's using only existing zeds.

Also, remember that I could be wrong, and I will be grateful if somebody will correct me.

I tend to turn respawns to as low as possible, then in the advanced settings I do this:

PopulationMultiplier=4.0
PopulationStartMultiplier=0.2
PopulationPeakMultiplier=4.0
PopulationPeakDay=40

Means at the start the zombie numbers are low, but by day 40 the population is completely maxed out. Haven't played in a while though so I don't know if the settings have changed, but it should work for you.

oh thanks.

I played with spawn and had a full spawn after a specified time...
so "increase population to 0.1" does not work in my case (all other options were normal). it broke my game, huh :(

my options:

PopulationMultiplier=1.0
PopulationStartMultiplier=1.0
PopulationPeakMultiplier=4.0
PopulationPeakDay=60

i have another question about numbers.

i asked on the Steam, but there seemed no one at all.

are the rally groups = hordes now?
if i set the rally groups whether hordes will come?
i mean, now groups and hordes go separately, or now the group it is the horde?

and tell, please, how hordes work in this version?

they come from the edge of the map?
when they arrives, in what day, and what does it look like?

19 minutes ago, Beichtvater said:

are the rally groups = hordes now?

On my expirience horde = group of groups.

20 minutes ago, Beichtvater said:

and tell, please, how hordes work in this version?

they come from the edge of the map?

Helicopter and other meta events helping groups to get full number of zeds. And this events managing groups to different directions so we have many groups in one place = horde. Never saw that hordes coming from anywhere without META events or helicopter, even after peak day (I switching size of groups to 50).

1 minute ago, Beichtvater said:

i really did not like new "groups".

New, what you means? You can manage grouping of zeds sa you like. I like this:

- Size of group = 50
- Path distantion = 20

- Distantion between groups = 25

- Distantion between zeds in group = 10

Sorry for wierd name of values - I playing on russian. Such configuration allows to see big groups as I like and in the same time I can meet separetly zeds. I experimented long time grouping, in ghost mode (cheat menu), like scientist, noting how zeds forming group at different time and conditions, and now I have recipe of Krabby Patty! WAHAHA! my favorite grouping set. 

What about the old setting for dead zombies to decay after so many hours... I can't find that ANYWHERE... for that matter... I can't find any server specific settings file for my lan server i made for my wife and I to play on... It only runs off the sandbox lua and the settings don't save unless i delete the server and rebuild it after changing the sandbox settings.....

EDIT: Nevermind... I had to change a setting via the command line and it created the .ini file...

Archived