Create a New Server While Keeping the Old One

CaptKaspar

Hey Community,

I was hoping someone could help me through the process of starting a fresh new server, but still keeping the old one as is.

Ideally I want to play Server A with Group A of players and play Server B with Group B of players.

Normally when playing on Server A with Group A, I use the 'startserver64.bat' to launch the server and it loads the 'servertest' settings.

Can starting a new server be done through the game menus and GUI? I went to 'host' and created new server settings and launched the server. I was prompted to create a new character and when compeleted, I spawned into a new world. Everything seemed to be working. However, when a player tried to join they were told that they needed to be added to the server. The server settings were set to 'open' and 'auto create user in white list'. I wanted to just add them using the console log, but there was no console log for the server when playing this way through 'host'. Just the console log for PZ.

I also searched for files on my PC under the newly created server settings name and couldn't find any.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? Can this be done through 'host' or do I need to do a bunch of file copying/editing to get this set up?

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Edited by CaptKaspar

That should be easy, make a copy of serverstart64.bat rename it to server2 or something you know thats the other one, now edit that file and add " -servername yourservername " (without quotes) at the end of it. And thats it, you have 2 bat files to open either one. Config files add the name you put on the edit too, to separate them from each server, but there are at the same place both.

Edited by EUDOXIO

3 hours ago, EUDOXIO said:

That should be easy, make a copy of serverstart64.bat rename it to server2 or something you know thats the other one, now edit that file and add " -servername yourservername " (without quotes) at the end of it. And thats it, you have 2 bat files to open either one. Config files add the name you put on the edit too, to separate them from each server, but there are at the same place both.

Thanks for responding EUDOXIO!

This worked for me. It took me a bit to realize that " -servername yourservername " needed to be directly at the end of the last line of code for the .bat with only one space. I had hit return a few times and put it on its own line.