Zombie hordes in first week mode

Elfo7

Hello sorry if this has been asked before; I used the search function to no avail.

I am currently playing in "first week mode" and it is a bit easy, mainly because there aren't that many zombies. I am on day 14.

I was wondering if zombie number will increase when more time passes or numbers will stay this way. I selected first week mode thinking the difficulty would get harder gradually. 

Do more zombies spawn? I guess that if light and water get shut off, zombie numbers will increase aswell.

34 minutes ago, Elfo7 said:

Hello sorry if this has been asked before; I used the search function to no avail.

I am currently playing in "first week mode" and it is a bit easy, mainly because there aren't that many zombies. I am on day 14.

I was wondering if zombie number will increase when more time passes or numbers will stay this way. I selected first week mode thinking the difficulty would get harder gradually. 

Do more zombies spawn? I guess that if light and water get shut off, zombie numbers will increase aswell.

Since you are playing in the First Week mode, it kinda like the easy mode of PZ.

As far as i can tell, it wont increase by a lot.

However in survival, the horde numbers start increasing after a while, so you could give it a try.

7 minutes ago, NebNebber said:

Yeah but i mean does the difficulty scale up to "survival 6 months later" as the months roll by when you start from "first week" or "initial infection"?

First week is kinda meta, its non-canon so after 6 months you wont get a difficulty scaled up to 6 months, first week is for new players to get the hang of the game for the "first weeks" per say.

I only tried first week once and played it like 15 minutes, however i read up a lot about the subject in steam fourms and this fourm to get an idea that the game does not increase the difficulty, since the player wont be facing any real challenge until he has to start doing runs into the city centers for supplies (and with the amount of loot you get, that wont be necessary until 2 months almost into the game)

I started survival mode today and it is sooo much harder. The loot is much less, no matter where you go. Zombies see you from very far away and they last quite a lot of hits compared to first week mode. Looting a house now is also much harder, you can't just enter like before. Two zombies can get you bitten pretty easily if you are not careful. And I guess it's gonna get worse when the hordes come... I already got scratched once but made it. I don't think I'll last too much when more zombies spawn.

19 minutes ago, Elfo7 said:

I started survival mode today and it is sooo much harder. The loot is much less, no matter where you go. Zombies see you from very far away and they last quite a lot of hits compared to first week mode. Looting a house now is also much harder, you can't just enter like before. Two zombies can get you bitten pretty easily if you are not careful. And I guess it's gonna get worse when the hordes come... I already got scratched once but made it. I don't think I'll last too much when more zombies spawn.

Welcome to Project Zomboid, dying is fun.

Sneak around with Ctrl, try to stick with backyards instead of roads/streets, hold E to open up windows (from the backyard) to enter houses, try to lure 1 by 1 zombies and always be aware of your surroundings and send my regards to the day 5-7 helicopter.

27 minutes ago, Elfo7 said:

I started survival mode

Welcome to the path of rage, let me share something:

Be prepared for a dozen of Z's in EVERY yard (not from the start, but a month later maybe).

When a helicopter arrives - get away from your lovely house (if any) and make a big hook around the map, lure them to where you'll never be.

Try to make a base at McCoy or big railyard first - the easiest places. But don't forget about water.

Always cosplay a radar tower, every f*****g thing you do: turn around, then turn around again. Beware of Z's when you cut treees, they love to sneak behind the tree you are working at.

If you have to fight 3-4 zeds with a hammer(or a knife): line them, strike one, push the other, don't try to use only strikes. Finish them with hammer, not feet: hammers are abundant, luck is frugal.

Don't be a hero.

Archived