Some Cooking Suggestions

Yolan

Doing a bit of cooking in my forest hut, I found out that you can no longer create bread unless you have the chef class, or find the recipe book.

Now, I don't know how to make bread properly myself, but I think I could guess my way to something edible, or just use the flower and water to make a simple dampier or jappati kind of thing that has a shorter shelf life. It seems kind of perverse that I've got five bags of flower just sitting there that I am incapable of turning into food. 

So, can we remove this restriction? Or alternatively, add a new recipe for "bushmans bread" or "dampier", that doesn't require yeast, but maybe also goes stale quicker?

Secondly, I noticed that plain cooked rice gives you a massive unhappiness boost for some reason. Freshly cooked rice is actually really delicious though. Especially if you are a hungry person. Doesn't seem to make sense that it is as unpalatable as eating wet dogfood. Can we fix this?

That's all I've really noticed so far that seemed odd.

4 hours ago, Yolan said:

Now, I don't know how to make bread properly myself, but I think I could guess my way to something edible, or just use the flower and water to make a simple dampier or jappati kind of thing that has a shorter shelf life. It seems kind of perverse that I've got five bags of flower just sitting there that I am incapable of turning into food. 

Take a look at my flour experiment - its not a problem to eat or cook flour.

4 hours ago, Yolan said:

Doesn't seem to make sense

And sugar. And soups. There are some astonishing things in PZ, I hope they'll be fixed sometime.

Hmm. It seems like you still don't need hot water to create a cup of hot tea. Just water. Seeming as we have kettles in game, I thought I would have to heat up water in one. But I suppose this is still to be implemented later.

3 hours ago, Sick Boy said:

Practically every package of yeast and flour has instructions for bread on it. 

I've posted something literally equal to this; btw in PZ there is not a pack of flour from mall's shelf, but some kind of a tissue bag.. Flour is often stored in jars or plastic boxes without its original pack.

But anyway making bread is a pretty simple thing. And don't forget that PZ characters are 90s adults, not "millenium" kids.

Edited by GOGOblin