XP Bonus for Achievements/Missions

CaptKaspar

I had an idea about gaining XP and how to grind skills.

What if, alongside the current methods, there were XP bonuses for completing certain achievements, missions, objectives, etc?

Upon completion of the task you received 'X' amount of XP that you could apply to the skill of your choice. They could be repeatable.

Examples: 

1. You receive 100 XP for killing 100 zombies.
  2. You gain 50 XP for catching a fish over 20 weight.
  3. Build 50 walls of any type for 150 XP.
  4. Cook a soup with over 100 hunger reduction and receive 100 XP.
  5. Kill 5 zombies in 5 seconds for 50 XP
  6. Find 5 chipped stones for 50 XP

(just brainstormed the above suggestions, they could be anything)

The XP bonus could be applied to any skill.  So if I didn't want to grind fishing XP (which we can all admit is not the most engaging thing to do), but I still wanted to level it, I could instead grind out some XP in killing zombies which some might find more enjoyable.

Pros:

• A more varied approach to leveling/grinding
  • Would establish some objectives/missions for when you get bored or unsure of what to do next.
  • A player can focus more on the aspects and gameplay that they enjoy, and still get to utilize all the skills in the game.
  • It would likely encourage riskier behavior, which will likely get you killed more often.
  • Conventional methods of grinding would still be available.
  • Some of the more tedious tasks would be more rewarding.

Cons:

• Not realistic. Killing 100 zombies does not make one a better electrician or cook.
  • A little arcade like. 

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, CaptKaspar said:

Not realistic. Killing 100 zombies does not make one a better electrician or cook.

While I like the idea,  I don't really understand how that would work...  Killing 100 zombies could give bonus xp in blunt/blade/firearms, but I don't know how it would affect other skills.

Or you talking about xp, that gives you points? Imo, that one already gains fast. I never saw a situation, when you need to uprade skill, but you don't have any skill points.

Maybe, after 5 zombie/5 seconds kill it could temporary increase your skill multiplier for the weapon, that you've used. E.g. after you treated 2 wounds, you feel more confident in the first aid. There was something similar for combat in the State of Decay. For example, killing multiple zed with 1 shot gives huge xp bonus in firearms and doing so 5 times in a row unlocks unique character.

So, yeah, I like the idea about cooking awesome soup would make you better in culinary, but killing zombies to level up fishing sounds weird.