Powers Off Generator Not Power House Lights

JohnIrenicus

Question

The Generator is hooked up within range of the house lights. The smaller devices work fine. Like the TV, Fridge, Lamp etc. But the light switches them selves just make the clicking noise without turning on the house lights. I don't understand why this would happen? Could you explain to me why this was changed? Kirrus said in another thread this isn't a bug? Then maybe you could work it in that if you have a higher electrical skill you could hook it up to the light system of the house. Thanks. Just trying to understand why this was changed.

5 answers to this question

Only lights within 20 cells of the generator will work! If you grab a lamp from somewhere, put a bulb in (you can find them, or grab one from any lamp or light you can see), put it within 20 tiles of your genny, and it'll work :)

okay so a couple of things. First for some reason since the update the Lamp I have at my base in Multi player isn't even working with a Generator and its practically over top of the lamp. The second is when I put in a battery to try and power it that way it won't come on at all but makes a clicking sound. As soon as this happens I tried removing the battery and it is completely drained without even using it. I understand how your all trying to improve on the dynamics of the power system but it really feels more broken then anything right now. I play on the Redboid server so I'll trying this on single player just to make sure its not the mods doing anything.

alright so I was screwing around with the placement of the lights and it seems they would work in some places and not in others. Lamps didn't work at all this was with wall lights. not sure if it just happened to be just the building I was in that was the problem or if this is more widespread. The plus is I could power a wider area then before on one generator which is nice.

I also found that some wall lights would work when others wouldn't. (in the same placement spot). not sure if that's because there (broken)/intentionally broken or because that's a bug. But its cool if it is intentional it would just be nice if there was a way of seeing if it was broken. I have lvl 10 electrical.

Archived