Working Walkie Talkies

Zomboid

It would be nice if walkie talkies actually worked... I see a post in the archives about how they do work but it seems like they don't work anymore. I have 2 way walkie talkies to the same frequency and no matter how much I shout it does not transmit.

Are you playing single player? If so you cannot simply drop the walkie talkie, you need to "Place" it using the stuff move feature button on the left hand side. In multiplayer, if both players equip it, should work fine. 

I used a walkie talkie two days ago, so still looks good. 

Edited by Slice985

11 minutes ago, Slice985 said:

Are you playing single player? If so you cannot simply drop the walkie talkie, you need to "Place" it using the stuff move feature button on the left hand side. In multiplayer, if both players equip it, should work fine. 

I used a walkie talkie two days ago, so still looks good. 

Your right! You need to place it like furniture... how is anyone supposed to figure this stuff out? The wiki drives me insane.

Yea, I had to look it up also. There isn't any specific tool tip which tells how to do it. It is probably due to how the item is sorted in the inventory and for ease of carry.

probably should be a tool tip on anything you can pickup that says "Placeable Item, use Place Item button"