Build 33 server file location

Fuzzy Wolfy

Question

During Build 32, when hosting a -nosteam Hamachi server, you would usually follow the following directory to find where your Multiplayer server world files and your own character files were located;

C:\Users\[NAME]\Zomboid\Multiplayer

Typically, your server file would be called servertest, plain and simple. Deleting it usually caused for an absolutely brand new world to be generated, and deleting character files prompted you to create a new character when joining. The servertest folder was usually filled with chunkdata VLC media files, and the occasional erosion Configuration file, to give you an idea.

However, after Build 33, that doesn't seem to be the place where the world files are held. I know that "C:\Users\[NAME]\Zomboid\Server" is where you find the servertest Configuration and the SandboxVars LUA file, but those - I don't think - contribute to the actual world I would be hosting, as oppose to just being its Game and Server settings. Hence, they're not what I'm looking for.

I've checked the Steam/common folders too, but I can't seem to find any similar location to where they might be... As a result, I can't seem to put-aside / restart my server, I can only soft-reset it with the built in Projectzomboid_softreset file it offers me, but that only resets corpses, zombies and loot.

Does anyone have any idea where the new file location might be? I tried removing the old files from their location, but no new servertest folders could be found after I hosted a new Build 33 server - which is why I think the server files' directory moved.

Additionally, is there any way to revert zombie settings without resetting a server?

I had put the zombie count to None at first to prepare the server with my admin account... Y'know, making events and unique loot sites, but when I put the Zombie count back to normal, they didn't seem to want to spawn. I even rolled back the hours required for them to respawn to an hour at most and waited for 24 in-game hours, yet I couldn't find any. Did I break the system? If so, how do I fix it?

1 answer to this question

Archived