Steam Workshop Mods not working.

Dumatoin

Question

Ok so, i have the Hydrocraft mod, and it works, but any other mod i subscribe to doesn't seem to show up when i load the game up and go into the mods option.

They just aren't there to click to launch.

This also prevents me from joining any multiplayer servers that are running anything other than hydrocraft.

Please help!

5 answers to this question

Do you have the -nosteam launch option on? If so, be sure to turn it off.

How would i know if it was on or off?

I right clicked Project Zomboid in my games list, went to properties, and there is nothing listed. SO other than there, i'm not sure where to look.

Have you tried more than one other mod? It's possible the one you're trying is just broken. Alternatively, they may not be compatible with Hydrocraft. It's hard to say without knowing what you're trying to download.

Yeah, every single mod i try does the same thing. I have tried Forged Saw, Cremation, and the wooden dowel one.

I asked on the page for forged saw, and everyone says it works for them with Hydrocraft.

I was watching a guy on twitch and was trying to join, so, he was using hydrocraft, wooden dowels, and cremation, so they were working for him.

SO i went to the steam workshop, and subscribed to them, same as i did for the forged saw, and it happens with them all. THey do not show up in my mod list.

I asked on thepage for the forged saw, and someone said "go look in so and so folder" i guess a folder that is created when you sub to the mod, but that folder didn't exist.

It's almost as if when i sub to a mod, steam just doesn't install it.

But i had no problems with getting HC to work. It showed up in the mod list in game.

SO, even if they were not compatible with HC, shouldn't they still show up in my mods list in game? THe page where you double click the mod so you get a green check mark on it?

That's pretty unusual. The only thing I could think would be deleting your Zomboid folder (C:/Users/YourUserName/Zomboid). It will delete all your saves, but sometimes can resolve issues like this. If you want to save your saves you can just drag the folder onto your Desktop and the game will generate a new one next time you run it. Then if you want your files back and it still doesn't work, just put it back where it was.

Archived