Electric Fences

Banquo

My apologies if this has been suggested already. I looked, but did not see this suggested.

- Copper wire or barbed wire

- Wood post

- insulators

- Voltage Regulator

Add sections of fence to a regulator or active fence segments. Barbed wire fences will snag/damage/slow zombies. Copper wire fences will damage/slow sombies. Zombies that die on the fence run the risk of catching fire unless the they are removed after a period of time. Longer stretches of fence reqiure additional regulators. If a zombie contact another zombie that has contact with the fence, that zombies will also receive damage.

While there's still power its a option, but after power "hit the sack" your pretty fence is just for show.

Even if you get your hands on a generator you would not have enough voltage do kill anyone and you would not be able to run that fence for long thanks to the fuel consuption of the generator. And that is for a normal generator that you can carry around.

Generators that can supply the voltage you need for that fence would be of this kind:

dr400trlweb.jpg

One of those boys can generate enough juice to run a few buildings (2 or 3) in a block during long (24+ hours) power outages in large cities and they can run on a full tank for almost 72 hours non stop. They use diesel.

I doub the devs would allow us players to get our hands on one of those.

i doubt the zombies would be effected. players maybe. The only damage i could see to zombies would be that of fire. It would be neat to has something like a military outpost or a NPC made fort using these. You would definitely think twice about trying to climb it.

I mean, if we're breaking it down on a serious level, the Zeds still have the biological structure of a human, so whatever damage an electrical fence could do to a human, should surely work vice versa? That's how I'm thinking about it anyway. Of course the obvious thing to consider is the fact the Zeds... are... well, 'dead' so that might be of some significance in disproving how I'm thinking an electrical fence would work out on Zeds.

i doubt the zombies would be effected. players maybe. The only damage i could see to zombies would be that of fire. It would be neat to has something like a military outpost or a NPC made fort using these. You would definitely think twice about trying to climb it.

I mean, if we're breaking it down on a serious level, the Zeds still have the biological structure of a human, so whatever damage an electrical fence could do to a human, should surely work vice versa? That's how I'm thinking about it anyway. Of course the obvious thing to consider is the fact the Zeds... are... well, 'dead' so that might be of some significance in disproving how I'm thinking an electrical fence would work out on Zeds.

Most probably the zeds would not be "killed" by the fence, but after sometime of contact they will be set on fire by it. That's what would really damage then. But that is only true if they are like supernatural zombies.

If they are the kind of zombies that are created by a virus (the case with PZ lore) then even if they are "dead" they would still be affected by electricity because they still need the brain to function and the brain would be fried after some seconds because of the voltage of the fence.

Just my two cents