World aesthetics.

Necromatic_Corgi

Signs of looting and civil unrest, store windows smashed, some shelves stripped nearly bare, cash registers knocked over, gas station with bullet holes where the last poor desperate sod tried to fill up for free. 

Houses with clothing and personal effects scattered over the beds and floors near the dressers, everyone trying to find their "sunday best" for the coming apocalypse. 

Refrigerators and cabinets left standing open, water left running, pooling on the floors. Doors not shut, or barricaded haphazardly, spray-painted warnings or cries for help... 

... And FEMA door tags. You know. The search and rescue tags in the X.[Edited to list some tags below] Top quadrant is date searched, left quadrant is the search team initials , right is hazard markings[Z, anyone?], bottom is a dead body count [Though one might wonder if they -stayed- dead]. 

All of these things would make the atmosphere much more intense. Nothing about this says "You've moved into a nice neighborhood".

[Date searched is numeric. # - # for month, day. No sense in listing a year. If you haven't dealt with it by then, you wouldn't be dealing with it at all.]

[search team tags These would be on the left side of the X, the list is not all-inclusive, just for illustrative purposes.]

1-186 [First battalion 186th infantry, Oregon National Guard]

1-148 [First battalion 148th infantry, Ohio National Guard]

3-505 [Alpha company parachute infantry regiment, 82nd Airborne Division]

LSP [Louisiana State Police]

Tx [Texas National Guard]

DEA [Drug Enforcement Agency]

[Hazard tags. These would appear on the right side, and again, this is not an all-inclusive list.]

NE [No entry]

RATS

Gas [Gas leak]

[Found, living/dead tags. These appear on the bottom... nobody ... really wants to see these. They're seldom good news.]

# - # living/dead

DOA [Dead on Arrival]

DB [Dead Bodies] [usually appears as #DB]

0 [None found]

what exactly are you saying... you lost me at "nothing about this says..."

I'm saying everything is too clean, too "nice". It's armageddon, but it looks like a sunday trip to the grocery store. When a disaster hits, a few gears set in motion.

First is civilian behavior. They're unprepared, so everything they do is slipshod, from gathering supplies at gunpoint to fortifying with furniture, it was too little, too late.

Second is government response, to a serious disaster this means troops for logistics, FEMA for management, and federal agents for on-site intelligence.

Third is simple entropy. None of the plans are perfect, and even the imperfect plans aren't usually executed without a hitch. FEMA camps get overwhelmed with people needing help, there aren't enough resources, and the military can only do one or two things to prevent riots. 

The "Nothing about this says you moved into" wasn't meant to be taken literally, obviously you didn't just move into muldraugh or west point when the apocalypse started. It was meant to be taken figuratively, to mean "Things went to hell, and should look like it."

Personally I do like all of these ideas, though just to stick to the game's style, I do think there should be more focus on civilian style chaos and less on military, so more car pileups and scattered garbage... For the military though,  maybe a base set up at that abandoned airfield, the police station and city hall, but nothing more than that... Abandoned of course, or possibly NPC inhabited but distrusting and cautious, maybe even hostile (I know the devs said military aid is a strict NO)... Abandoned police barricades and car pileups on roads though would be interesting, and definitely add a bit of life to the otherwise dead map. (see what I did there)

We could even go a step further and add some functionality to the aesthetics. Turn on the police siren or bump into a stray parked car and trigger the car alarm for the same effect as a house alarm, or remove the alarm/siren altogether for electronic homemade noisemakers.

Personally I do like all of these ideas, though just to stick to the game's style, I do think there should be more focus on civilian style chaos and less on military, so more car pileups and scattered garbage... For the military though,  maybe a base set up at that abandoned airfield, the police station and city hall, but nothing more than that... Abandoned of course, or possibly NPC inhabited but distrusting and cautious, maybe even hostile (I know the devs said military aid is a strict NO)... Abandoned police barricades and car pileups on roads though would be interesting, and definitely add a bit of life to the otherwise dead map. (see what I did there)

We could even go a step further and add some functionality to the aesthetics. Turn on the police siren or bump into a stray parked car and trigger the car alarm for the same effect as a house alarm, or remove the alarm/siren altogether for electronic homemade noisemakers.

still adding cars as ascetics would be a nice step towards vehicles.

I remember that thread. So many ideas.

it was only a total of 6 pages on word. my longest which is unfinished now has a total of 12 and is barely 25% complete.

Dude......

and yes. i have so much spare time. i really want to help the game but not being able to draw icons or designs for anything, as well as not being able to code. i am just an idea guy. i have tons but just need to post them.

still adding cars as ascetics would be a nice step towards vehicles.

I remember that thread. So many ideas.

it was only a total of 6 pages on word. my longest which is unfinished now has a total of 12 and is barely 25% complete.

Dude......

and yes. i have so much spare time. i really want to help the game but not being able to draw icons or designs for anything, as well as not being able to code. i am just an idea guy. i have tons but just need to post them.

Why not learn how? All it takes is practice. Even i'm making progress in learning java script. And making icons just takes time, Just get a reference picture of what you want to make an icon for and copy it ;) Also what types of ideas do you have?

Not quoting it because its too long but ye. i would learn but i have a few things to worry before that. i am trying to learn to draw and make icons and as well the icons im making are not going to be just that simple. Also my ideas are so numerous i have about 12 folders inside of folders in folders full of word files with ideas. in total it is equivalent to 540 pages in notebooks. (its a mix of composition notes and 70 page notebooks.) i know because thats how many notebooks are full of ideas. still to many to write. will post them as i finish them.

Not quoting it because its too long but ye. i would learn but i have a few things to worry before that. i am trying to learn to draw and make icons and as well the icons im making are not going to be just that simple. Also my ideas are so numerous i have about 12 folders inside of folders in folders full of word files with ideas. in total it is equivalent to 540 pages in notebooks. (its a mix of composition notes and 70 page notebooks.) i know because thats how many notebooks are full of ideas. still to many to write. will post them as i finish them.

:0 that's quite a bit of ideas.

:0 that's quite a bit of ideas.

meh. thats only for pz as well. i also do ones for many other games but lets not talk about other games. after all this is a pz forum.