Hey guys new player here just wanted to ask something.

stio89

Hey first of all i'm really loving the game, I got it yesterday and I've already put in 10 hours lol, I love how in depth it is, So far I like going from house to house, clearing them and putting sheets up then getting some sleep, Wake up and move to a new house and with my free time reading books :)

I just wanted to ask a few things, Ok so I put sheets on the windows so zombies can't look in, So they'll probably just move on, What about the upstairs windows, can zombies look in upstairs windows from ground level, should i bother putting sheets on the upstairs windows, Can zombies climb in upstairs windows? also i know zombies are attracted to light, If i'm in a house at night time and have the lights on and nothing covering the windows i'm guessing zombies will be attracted? but what if its night and i have sheets/curtains on the windows and the lights on can the zombies still see the light, Also if i cook something in the oven can zombies smell it and be attracted? And is there any other clothes other than sweater and vest, like raincoats etc. Later on when i'm able to build a fort will I be able to have electricity and items like fridges and ovens in it.

Thanks for your answers 

Stephen

Hi and welcome to PZ :)

It´s always good to put sheets on windows or close curtains if there since they also see you up stairs. But they can´t get trough a 2nd door window, but still are able to get 2nd floor over the stairs and swarm the base of a house. They are only atrracted to visible light, so if you have closed the windows you are fine, but they still can hear you.

As a tip for that, don´t bother putting sheets up until yu have a safe house where you sleep and cleard the area.

As far i have expirienced they don´t get attraced by cooking but here i can´t give 100% cause i always cook in my safe house which is cleared all around by at least 1 block around.

For now in the vanilla game there are no more cloth, but it´s planed. if you wanna more stuff try the Hydrocraft mod http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/11557-hydrocraft-mod/

this adds a lot off stuff to the game.

You can have electricity allrdy after the power went of if you get a generator and fuel, but it´s loud and attracts Zed´s.

As far the mondoids say with the next iwbums we will get the chance to move stuff around and this way you get a fridge anywhere you want.

Do not trust in the fake security sheet-ed windows give you.. I've died waking up many times to unfriendly visitors because I trusted in my sheet-ed window.

When possible and-or if board that window up with at least 1 plank or carry a tent-kit with you and sleep in window-less rooms keeping the door farthest from you.

you can burn nearly everything down including yourself another easy and extremely lethal way: Cocktail Molotov

1 Full Whiskey and 1 Ripped Sheet, then equip and equip 2nd a lighter and trow

Enjoy !  :D

Archived