Pistol/flashlight dual-carry

Mike280

I know the topic of duct taping a flashlight to a shotgun has been discussed many times, but what about the pistol?  Not mounting or duct taping, but dual-carry?  You could equip the pistol in the primary slot and the flashlight as secondary.  The pistol is already a single slot carry anyways.  You would take a hit to accuracy, since it's already dark, and your other hand won't be able to brace against recoil.  There would probably be a longer delay between shots as you recover from the recoil slower.  It would REALLY make those night loot runs a little more fun.  I usually avoid looting/clearing houses at night, but with this option, I think it would add to the suspense and give people an option for night Ops (or a false sense of security leading to death).

post-22277-0-54792900-1434129151_thumb.j

post-22277-0-28746100-1434129154_thumb.j

I know the topic of duct taping a flashlight to a shotgun has been discussed many times, but what about the pistol? Not mounting or duct taping, but dual-carry? You could equip the pistol in the primary slot and the flashlight as secondary. The pistol is already a single slot carry anyways. You would take a hit to accuracy, since it's already dark, and your other hand won't be able to brace against recoil. There would probably be a longer delay between shots as you recover from the recoil slower. It would REALLY make those night loot runs a little more fun. I usually avoid looting/clearing houses at night, but with this option, I think it would add to the suspense and give people an option for night Ops (or a false sense of security leading to death).

I've seen this suggested a few times, but unless I'm mistaken, you can already do this. There's no penalty or anything, but equipping a flashlight to secondary and turning it on let's you use any one handed weapon in the dark, not just pistols.

To piggyback on this, though, it'd be nice to have an "equip with both hands" option for the pistol like the baseball bat has, improving effectiveness, but taking up the offhand.