Some folks are berserkers.

Barry_Ravepants

There's a lot of talk about endurance and fatigue going around, and how swinging an axe should wear you out very quickly. I think that something very important is not being taken into consideration.

I have an idea that I think is interesting. I have no idea how it would be implemented, but I think it slots in with the moodles thing somewhere. Keep in mind it's just an idea.

Basically, adrenaline. If you were put into a situation where you were defending yourself with an axe against a horde of zombies, you are going to get adrenalised very quickly. Different people cope with that effect in different ways. Some people will turn into Jelly, and other people will become superhuman for a short time, usually as long as the action lasts, and then they have the 'crash'. I've seen it, it looks like a shaky, emotional trainwreck.

If accompanying the 'fear' moodle there was an adrenaline trigger, say when you are faced with a horde of a certain size that gave you unlimited endurance for a short time (if triggered) either to fight or run. When the time is over, you are faced with the crash, which would be severe exhaustion and possibly even some anxiety.

You would want to be away from any kind of conflict when the crash hits.

Could delay the onset of exhaustion until you are no longer swinging for 30 seconds or so (arbitrary number I just came up with).

This would simulate the effect of adrenaline allowing you to swing without getting exhausted, but would also act like the adrenaline crash once you are done by having all the exhaustion you just accumulated dumped at the same time.

I would want some limits on this adrenaline thing though. Maybe it could be tied to your panic level? For instance if I am not panicked I do not use adrenaline. The more panicked I become the more adrenaline I use and when fully panicked you have 100% exhaustion delay until you break combat?.