RATS

Pat_Bren

It's been suggested a couple of times I think, but I'd like to suggest RATS again.

If there's one animal that would thrive in a zombie apocalypse, it would be rats. There'd be plagues of them growing in size in tandem with the number of corpses they have to nibble on. And in turn, they'd infest houses and eat any food with packaging they can eat through.

- The player would have to use mouse-traps to stop their own supplies being eaten. Cans, jars and other related packaging would not be able to be eaten by rats, but most other things could be, like the vegetables that players grow, but they'd be attracted to certain foods like meat and cheese and so forth.

-Rats can get into any storage place except refrigerators (it's probably not impossible but seeing as it's quite hard to chew through metal (I've tried) it might be a nice help to give to the player)

- Add rat poison to the game. Put it in a cupboard, and the rats will be drawn to it instead. Or, maybe you have to coat some food in it toHowever, you can't eat a rat that's been poisoned.

- If the devs add actual, physical, 3d animals to the game, you should be able to see rats running around sometimes and be able to shoot them.

It would make the storage of food more tactical and give another reason for the player to diversify between farming, scavenging and foraging.

As I read your suggestions, I noticed a lot inconsistency.

1. Why would rat go for corpse when they have farms and other food souces laying around?

2. Why need rat poison when we can catch rat as food? and catching them is no easy task. I only caught 1 out of 10 attempts using rat trap and my precious cheese!

3. Like you said, a refrigerator will solved the rat problem.

On the other hand, I would very much prefer to have the ability to breed/ farm rat as our food source for the winter instead trying to get ride of them : D

Good suggestion through hehe

As I read your suggestions, I noticed a lot inconsistency.

1. Why would rat go for corpse when they have farms and other food souces laying around?

2. Why need rat poison when we can catch rat as food? and catching them is no easy task. I only caught 1 out of 10 attempts using rat trap and my precious cheese!

3. Like you said, a refrigerator will solved the rat problem.

On the other hand, I would very much prefer to have the ability to breed/ farm rat as our food source for the winter instead trying to get ride of them : D

Good suggestion through hehe

YES, actually, that's a good point, the rats would eat the bodies and leave you alone at first. It's only when all that's left is the zombie skeletons (like, very, very late in the game) that they'd become a problem.

Also, re. refrigerators, they're not infinite, so that's one thing. As anyone who gets a stockpile learns, the space soon gets filled up with stuff and you have to use crates/cupboards which WOULD be vulnerable to rats.

Rats are heavily dependent on the presence of humans to exist in the huge numbers they exist now. If anything, rat populations would collapse shortly after humans disappear. There would probably be an increase in their numbers due to all the unguarded food lying around, but when that's gone, the rats would die off en mass with it.